Menu

Setting mac brightness to 255

2023-03-05
2023-03-10
  • Ryan Beckett

Ryan Beckett - 2023-03-05

Nathan,

Any reason the max brightness can't be set to 255 giving a step value of 1. The 294MC Pro needs a very low brightness to get 3 or more seconds exposure for the flats.

Thanks,
    Ryan

• Nathan Woelfle

Nathan Woelfle - 2023-03-06

Hi Ryan,

I found no discernible difference in brightness when doing single-step values. Therefore, I broke down the number of brightness steps into larger values.

I understand you're using the 294MC Pro and need very low brightness, but I don't know how single-step values will be helpful. Could you help me understand? Using the larger steps are you unable to get to a low enough or high enough brightness level using the larger steps?

R/
    Nathan

• Ryan Beckett

Ryan Beckett - 2023-03-07

Nathan,

Thanks for the quick reply. The issue (or at least one of them) turns out to be N.I.N.A. in both the flat panel control panel as well as the Flat wizard. NINA defaults to a value of 0 in both interfaces (it doesn't read the previous value when it was connected to the DarkLight app) which is 255 when I switch back to DarkLight App. I might have manual workaround by presetting the step to 1 in the Flat Panel control panel, then going to the Flat wizard and make sure that I set the steps from 1 to 255. I'll test it tomorrow with the scope and will follow up.

Thanks again,
      Ryan

• Nathan Woelfle

Nathan Woelfle - 2023-03-07

OK. Please let me know the results.

R/
    Nathan

• Ryan Beckett

Ryan Beckett - 2023-03-08

Nathan,

Presetting the DarkLight to a step of 1 with the Nina Flat Panel control panel before running the Flat Wizard worked. I'm no longer getting an error of the panel being too bright. Now I just have to work on getting the right ADU and exposure for the camera. It was recommended by the EL panel seller to use a frosted acrylic layer to diffuse the light better. My solution of using translucent mylar sheet may be causing a hot spot.

Thanks for all the help!
      Ryan

• Nathan Woelfle

Nathan Woelfle - 2023-03-10

Fantastic Ryan! You're very welcome. I'm glad you've got it up and running. Please post pictures of your setup when complete. I'd love to see people's results.

R/
    Nathan