Issues
Vladimir
2024-05-08
2024-06-26
  • Vladimir

Vladimir - 2024-05-08

Hi Nathan,
    Thank's for your job!

I have problem with servo motor jitting. Has anyone faced with it? Any suggestion how to fix this?

• Nathan Woelfle

Nathan Woelfle - 2024-05-08

Hi Vladimir,

I'm glad you found the project. Thank you for your kind words. You're very welcome!

When you say servo motor jittering, do you mean when you first initial or after a movement?

R/
    Nathan

• Vladimir

Vladimir - 2024-05-08

Yes, I meant after movement, close or open, doesn't matter. It is not a jittering, maybe. It is looks like a short shaking with period about 30-40 seconds.

Last edit: Vladimir 2024-05-08
  • Nathan Woelfle

Nathan Woelfle - 2024-05-09

That can happen sometimes depending on the servo used. There are two possible ways to resolve this. First, you can edit the DLC Arduino file and update myServo.attach as follows: myServo.attach(motor, minPulseWidth, maxPulseWidth);, replacing minPulseWidth and maxPulseWidth with your servo information. The second way is to edit Arduino's Servo library. Navigate to the Arduino libraries folder > Servo > src > and edit the Servo.h file. Change the MIN_PULSE_WIDTH and MAX_PULSE_WIDTH. I also recommend setting DEFAULT_PULSE_WIDTH to 0.

I hope this helps.

R/
    Nathan

• Vladimir

Vladimir - 2024-05-13

Thanks again! I've added a minimum and maximum pulse width to match the servo I'm using. The trembling disappeared.
      Regards,
      Vladimir

• Nathan Woelfle

Nathan Woelfle - 2024-05-14

Fantastic! I'm glad the resolved your issue.

You are very welcome. Enjoy!

R/
        Nathan

• Vladimir

Vladimir - 2024-05-11

Thank you! I will try it and get back with the result.
    Best regards,
    Vladimir