Understand unkown formats

• Cristian Morales Vega

I don't know if you are still here, but I was curious about how you understood the different formats supported by dalle.

How you get a lot of 0 and 1 from a file and take a format from them? There is some bibliography about this?

• Alberto Fernández

Oh, belive me, I'm still here, and I hope I'll be for a long time.
      (I've not enought free time to develop new versions every month, but maybe in the next three months ...)

The method I used to obtain a format from a file is "Reverse Engineering".
      I take a known file and use the target program to (split/process/encript/anything the program does). Then I open the genterated file(s) with an hexadecimal editor, and I try to guess the values of the things I can see.

The files I usually use are a Mb of 'a' and a Mb of '0'.

I've taken some code from other projects (deskama) for formats that were too difficult to me.

I'm trying to document all formats dalle is able to handle, but it's a a boring task (I'll try to do that in next releases ).

• Cristian Morales Vega

a) Alberto Fernndez...pues como que dejo de hacer el gil*** y paso al modo spanish.
        b) Pos eres un maxote :) Como fallaba la verificacion del .crc del Hacha Pro intente entender el formato y acabe necesitando mirar el codigo para pillarlo...y ese formato era de lo mas simple.

Nada, ya me ire pasando de vez en cuando en busca de nueva version.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks