Multiple server DB replication

2005-05-19
2013-04-22
  • Igor Markovic

Igor Markovic - 2005-05-19

Hi,

I am searching for some DB replication software for replicating my DB. I would like to do the following:

Server1: DB1
    Server2: DB2
    ServerN: DBn

Server1, Server2, and ServerN are doing reads and writes to their own DB. When for example Server2 is doing an insert to DB2 I would like that it is  replicated directly to DB1 and DBn. Is this possible with Daffodil Replicator?

Thanks,

Igor Markovic

• Daffodil Software Ltd, India

> When for example Server2 is doing an insert to DB2 I would like that it is replicated directly to DB1 and DBn. Is this possible with Daffodil Replicator?

Yes, it is possible. Replicator is based on Publisher/subscriber architecture. In the above mentioned case you have to create the publisher on DB2 (include the tables in which the records are Inserted, Updated or Deleted). Create two subscribers on DB1 and DBn respectively. After registration, you can execute either snapshot  or sychnronize command from the subscribers' end. The later one would result in incremental uploads only. This can be either done manually or you can add schedule for automatic execution of commands at a pre-specified time period.

• Igor Markovic

Igor Markovic - 2005-05-20

It works fine until I add a real time (synchronize) scheduler on both Server1 and ServerN. I would expect that when I do an insert in DB2 it would be synchronized to DB1 and DBn, but this won't work. Why not?

ok..... there is some problem related to XML file created while running real time replication with multiple subscribers. we are looking into it, will let you know about the solution.

regards, Gaurav

Replicator real time operations are working fine with its v1.8 final release. You can download it now.

We have made the modifications so as to support multiple subscribers in real time mode. Hope it works for you. Will be interested to receive your feedback.

regards, Gaurav

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks