Dear Dr. Blackburn
1) I can build un-patched JikesRVM 2.4.6. But I also cannot run it normally. If I type command like "rvm -help" or "rvm -version", it works well and prints out correct information. If I use it to run something (e.g. "rvm -jar DaCapo-9.12-bach.jar avrora
large") or simply type "rvm". It just exactly prints out
This "error message" (if it is error message) is the same as I run patched JikesRVM 2.4.6.
2) I built it on a Linux virtual machine hosted by VMware installed on Windows 7. The settings of Linux is
OS: Ubuntu 1204 LTS
The configuration file I used is i686-pc-linux-gnu
For un-patched JikesRVM2.4.6, I use command "jconfigure production".
For patched JikesRVM2.4.6, I use command "jconfigure FastAdaptiveMeasurement"
Then entering $RVM_BUILD folder and run "./jbuild".
3) On DaCapo website, I saw data collected on JikesRVM3.1.0. Do we have patches for JikesRVM3.1.0? Maybe I can try that version?
Thank you very much.
No, the patches in the bach release have not been updated to 3.1.3.
Can you please tell us:
1) whether you were able to successfully build and run un-patched versions of Jikes RVM
2) if the answer to the above is true, precisely what steps you took (what machine you’re using, what OS, etc)
3) precisely what error message did you get.
Sorry to bother you to ask some questions about measurement collector tool of DaCapo 9.12 Bach. Thank you very much for your time.
I am trying to collect some benchmark statistics reported by paper "The DaCapo Benchmarks: Java Benchmarking Development and Analysis" on DaCapo 9.12 Bach. In the source code package of DaCapo 9.12 Bach, there are patches for building customized JikesRVM 2.4.6
and JikesRVM 2.4.5. By strictly following the compile instructions, the compilation process of my patched JikesRVM 2.4.5 still reported compile errors. My patched JikesRVM 2.4.6 also encountered the similar issue. By modifying some source code, my patched
JikesRVM 2.4.6 finally passed the compilation. But the execution still even cannot start up normally. The latest Jikes RVM version JikesRVM 3.1.3 works well for me though. So my questions are:
1. Do we have patches targeting on JikesRVM 3.1.3 to produce the benchmark statistics in the paper?
2. Do we have source code of JikesRVM 2.4.6/2.4.5 archive you used when you did experiments for that paper?
Thank you very much!