lahelper on cygnome

Help
Gharti
2004-04-21
2004-04-29
  • Gharti

Gharti - 2004-04-21

Dear all,
    I successfully compiled the lahelper on cygnome, but it crashed while trying to run, with the message 'segmentation fault'. I would be grateful for your suggestions/hints.
    Regards

• Yang Guilong

Yang Guilong - 2004-04-23

Cygnome-1.4 are built ages ago, on cygwin-1.3.x/xfree86-4.2 serials and the libraries at that time.
      Although most stuff runs OK on current platform, but I think maybe it's problematic to build applications with new libraries.

Maybe this sunday I can have a try,
      (I kept an old installation for building cygnome-1.4 stuff.)
      Does LaHelper need latex? Where can I find cygiwn port of latex?
      (But I'm working on GNOME libraries these days, I can't promise I have enough time for this, :-( )

• Gharti

Gharti - 2004-04-26

Thank you very much for your information. In fact lahelper needs LaTex and it has been ncluded as an integrated package in cygwin, thus can be installed with  cygwin installer.

regards

• Yang Guilong

Yang Guilong - 2004-04-26

You mean tetex?
        I didn't found latex in the official repository.

• Yang Guilong

Yang Guilong - 2004-04-26

Failed either.

Gdb shows it crashes on function read_lahelper_file() in read_files.c. The deep reason is under investigation.

BTW: it sucks to have so many xpm files with the same name that only differs in cases (such as Alpha.xpm and alpha.xpm etc) :-(

• Gharti

Gharti - 2004-04-29

But I had compiled changing those file names everywhere as cygwin is unable to distinguish the case.