expose navigation for per-tab history

sandax
2014-08-01
2014-08-04
  • sandax

sandax - 2014-08-01

desired scenario:

pref: "display history of last xx URLs visited each tab"
    exposed via ??? right-clicking focused tab (tab widget? content pane?) ??? pressing and holding the Back button?

======================

EDIT:

The implementation by Dooble
    http://dooble.sourceforge.net
    is more ideal than what I had suggested, above.

History pane could be another sub-tab of the existing preferences tab instead of a separate pane. No dire reason to limit the number of last xx URLs visited (minimal memory consumed by retaining a comparatively long list). The pane / subtab while focused, would continually display the historic URLs of the currently focused content tab

One thing I would wish, different from dooble, is to have the history list appended each time I revise the URL in addressbar and press enter. In other words, display each ATTEMPTED destination as a historic entry, regardless whether that destination was successfully loaded (vs the dooble approach -- obvserving document.loaded() event or whatever and ONLY creating an entry when a URL has been successfully loaded).

If necessary, I can followup to explain why The "record each attempted" approach seems more desirable.

Displayed as multi-column, or zebra-striped "2 rows per entry", it would be helpful (enlightening) to see, for each entry:

-- "timestamp"

-- "vector"

Vector, meaning: CD attempted load the URL because user typed(or pasted) directly into addressbar / resulted from a click in a referring page / resulted from a 301, 302, etc redirect. If XBEL is supported, that too (drag/drop) might be identifiable as separate vector.

Last edit: sandax 2014-08-04
  • Stefan Fröberg

Stefan Fröberg - 2014-08-01

Well, it could be maybe yet another tab page for history.

Or maybe better yet just a drop down menu
    that is activated from example, right clicking current tab url bar.
    Or maybe some extra little button at the end of url bar for just that purpose.

There begins to be so many tab pages already that I would prefer drop down approach.

• sandax

sandax - 2014-08-02

FYI, sourceforge is showing 2 messages in this thread, last post "By Stefan Fröberg
    on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:55 PM "

but on this page
    https://sourceforge.net/p/cyberdragonbrowser/discussion/general/thread/a07f1934/
    I see only my initial post

• Stefan Fröberg

Stefan Fröberg - 2014-08-03

???

Well, now it shows four like it should

Last edit: Stefan Fröberg 2014-08-03
  • sandax

sandax - 2014-08-04

At this moment, I'm seeing my 2 earlier posts, plus your reply "like it should" indented as a reply to my second post. Just know that I'm still not seeing (have never seen) whatever you typed in that first reply.

In any event, I have revised my original post here, to expand and clarify it.

Last edit: sandax 2014-08-04