Menu

CD abends (crashes) if you close a tab containing a currently playing youtube video

sandax
2014-08-02
2014-08-12
  • sandax

sandax - 2014-08-02

didn't test other sites, but the bug is repeatable for various youtube pages.

Tab immediately closes (disappears), sound keeps playing and browser is unresponsive, and after a few seconds a windows dialog reports "CD has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry blahblah"

FWIW, both clicking "X" on tab, and using File:CloseTab toolbar command, bug is triggered either way.

• Stefan Fröberg

Stefan Fröberg - 2014-08-02

Strange, I have used CD for watching videos from YT so far without problems.
      Can you give the exact steps to reproduce this bug?

• sandax

sandax - 2014-08-02

It may be platform specific. For me, the crashing is consistently repeatable (without exception) running CD on WinXP SP3. Including today, after I've restored pristine copy of config.ini containing default settings.

No complex steps to reproduce. I didn't attempt to view videos at other sites, just youtube. Closing (click X) the tab while a video is play == CD crashes.

FWIW, only a single video-laden tab is active during testing (I'm not "attempting to play videos simultaneously, in multiple tabs")
    and
    crash does NOT occur if I first PAUSE video playback prior to closing the tab.

• Stefan Fröberg

Stefan Fröberg - 2014-08-03

Can you please try older, 1.6.3 version and see if it crashes?

• sandax

sandax - 2014-08-04

Ok, I just tested 1.6.3

No crash! Problem does not occur with 1.6.3

========
        edit:
        Wait! I'll test more tomorrow.
        It did, in fact, crash... but not "a few seconds immediately closing the video tab". I was jumping between windows, came back here to type, jumped back to CD1.6.3 to paste in that "prevent google search autocomplete" rule, tested that, jumped over here to type, returned to CD1.6.3 and at that point (I don't recall what I intended to do/click) at that point it crashed. So, I'm uncertain whether the crash was unrelated.

confirmed: The video-related problem does not occur with 1.6.3

Last edit: sandax 2014-08-04
        • Stefan Fröberg

Stefan Fröberg - 2014-08-04

Okay good. So the bug was introduced with 1.6.4. I will start hunting it.

• Stefan Fröberg

Stefan Fröberg - 2014-08-11

I think I have now located the issue.

Can you please try the following experimental patch?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyberdragonbrowser/files/Optimized%20and%20Experimental/PATCH_CyberDragon_1.6.4_Flash_Close_Tab_fix.zip/download

That patch will also include all the previous fixes to 1.6.4 from that other patch file.

• sandax

sandax - 2014-08-12

yes, the patched version fixes the "crash if close window while video playing" problem

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel