Cybera Project has just come out with release 1.9.
This should be a stable long term release, anyone running previous versions of Cybera should consider upgrading to 1.9.
Cybera Project (Cyber Cafe Administration system) has just come out with release 1.9.rc3. This should be the last release candidate before the final 1.9 version.
The main changes of this version are:
- Updated GUI icons
- New Dutch translation
- Many small changes and bug fixes that should make Cybera a lot more robust.
Anyone running previous versions of Cybera should consider upgrading to 1.9.rc3.
Please see the changelog at:
for more details.
Well, it has been 4 months since cybera 1.9.rc1 came out, and lately I have been getting worried mails asking when the next release was due. Have no fear, here it is!
The main reason behind the longer period between the two releases is that I have a real job that is taking up more of my time now. I started Cybera in 2004 when working full time in Africa as a technical assistant to local NGOs. In that capacity, the development of Cybera was part of my job and I could spend a lot of time on it.
This is no longer the case now that I am back in Europe and have gone back to my main job in IT R&D.
This means that from now on I will be spending much less time on Cybera and more making a living. This also means that any time I do spend on Cybera will come out of my spare time, so I need to juggle Cybera and having a private familly life :)... read more
Download and enjoy!
Here is a list of the main additions:
* Added prepaid Self service session mode: the manager directly recharges a workstation with a given recharge. The session works exactly like a client or card session except that remaining prepaid time cannot be kept.
* Added an "Unlimited" flag to recharges. Unlimited recharges enable one to provide Cards and Client accounts (not self-service sessions) with unlimited usage for a given validity period (in days, weeks, months, years).
* Added a new post-paid billing mode: Time based billing. In this mode an ordered list of selected recharges is used as a base. The system is given a base time increment and a minimum billed time and calculates the bill using these two times and the list of selected recharges.
* Added a new post-paid billing mode: Simple sequential recharge billing. In this mode Cybera applies all the post-paid recharges in order from shortest to longest time. Should the session run further that the longest recharge, the system continues to increment the bill by specified time increments using the last recharge time/price ratio. This is now the default post-paid billing mode for new installations. ... read more
Cybera release 1.9.rc1 is just out!
The main additions of this release are:
- New Hungarian translation.
- Client login lengh is now max 255 caracters.
- Ability to release workstations user rights when logged in as admin.
- New -l command line argument on the wokstation, that completely disables user rights lockdown.
- A lot of bug fixes... see change log for details.
This release is still beta as I have added some features that are close to important parts of the code and need a bit of testing... If you please!
Change log since 1.9.b2:
CYBERA - Release 1.9.b3 change log
Cybera Server:... read more
New Beta release!
This relaease includes among other things:
- A mass card creation system
- Compatibility with Terminal server
And many more things.
This is the first Beta version on rel 1.9.
This beta release is manly in order to provide the Greek, German and Italian translations and does not contain all the new features that rel 1.9 should comprise.
A few additions and bug fixes are however included, see the change log for details.
Rlease 1.8 brings the folowing changes:
* Added the ability to:
- choose the drive letters to hide on the workstations,
- choose the database backup location,
- set the default worktation state (Available or Deactivated).
* Integrated Spanish translation
Full change log:
- Added ability to choose the drive letters to hide in user rights
- Added ability to choose the database backup location
- Added ability to set the default worktation state to Available or
- Added Recharge deletion to user profile
- Fixed GUI for up-comming translations
- Integrated Spanish translation... read more
Release 1.8.rc2 is mainly a bug fix release (even if there seems
to ba a bit of new functionality). The main points are:
- Support for multiple Ethernet network adapters on the server
- Added compact view of workstations for large cyber cafes
- Fixed config problems under Win XP
Full change log:
- Added the possibility to choose the network adapter to bind to on
the server so that computers with several adapters can select the
correct local network adapter
- Added ability to display workstations in two cols (compact view)
for cyber cafes that have a lot of computers... read more
Release 1.8 rc1 brings two main modifications:
- Workstation side command batches that can be run on session start and stop
- Fixed a possible bug that could disrupt workstation data processing in the server.
Full change log:
- Changed workstation boot & shutdown functionality (easier to use)
- Added ability to apply multiple recharges at the same time (added a
quantity field to the recharge form)
- Added ability to enable / disable credit expiry for clients
- Added session start & end batch files on the workstations
- Added GUI inhancement (input help tooltips)
- Added GUI inhancement (Greyed cards & clients in lists if disabled)... read more
- Fixed bug in settings saving when locale's digit grouping symbol is dot "."
- Fixed small GUI bugs (popup menus in workstation view etc)
Released Cybera Server version 1.7.32 that resolved various serious bugs.
- Fixed bug in new card creation on duplicate number detection
- Fixed bug in client management that prevented client usage
- Fixed bugs on card or client recharge when the customer has no more
- Fixed bug on session resume when the customer has no more credit
- Fixed bug in console update: clients where not taken into account
- Fixed small GUI bugs (tabstops etc)
Release 1.7 brings a new client account mode in adition to cyber cards.
The client accounts have a username and a password and are used in the same way as cyber cards.
The most notable bug fixes are to do with 24h-12h clock issues that prevented people with a 12h clock to use Cybera correctly.
Full change log:
- Added "Clients": prepaid user accounts with a login and a password
- Added "Shutdown unused workstations" in Workstation shutdown form
- Added Workstation Boot selection form and context menu items
- The workstation view now shows all previously connected computers... read more
Release 1.6 has many additions and bug fixes, among other things:
- Automatic Client - Server connection
- User management & user rights on server (added employee management)
- Configuration wizards for Server and client
- Wake on LAN capablilty
Full change log:
- Added automatic Client - Server connection (client finds a server
to connect to)
- Added Cybera User management & user rights on server (employees).
This also enables Income and sessions to be attributed to a given
- Added ability to Enable/Disable Session Pause on clients
- URLspy: added ability to automatically purge URLs as the DB will
grow too fast without automatic limiting
- Added info on where the last network backup is to the DB
- Added warnings when DB size grows past 30MB, 60MB and 120MB
- Added a configuration wizard to help installing and setting up
- DB purge: added option to include/exclude accounting data from
- Added Popup menus to clients in Client view and to card list in
- Added Wake on LAN capablilty: the server can boot the last client
workstations who where connected to the server... read more
Re-uploaded Cybera client 1.5.61 as it seemed to be corrupt.
This release has many additions and bug fixes, among other things:
- Extenalized language packs for easier translations
- Better database backups
- More robust client-server communication
Full change log:
- Intergrated (almost) all client and session settings into the server
- Client sessions no longer are closed when client-server connection
is cut. The server is updated as soon as connection is restored
- changed default setting for selfservice mode: now off
- Added ability to hide card numbers on client (like passwords)
- Added ability to activate/deactivate cards
- Added client Internet explorter URL logging ability
- Added DB backup to client workstations for extra security
- Externalized language resources as dlls (easier translations)
- Added ability to automatically upgrade the database when needed
- Added ability to restore the database from one of the backups
- Added ability to modify maximum number of database backups in the
registry (delault 4, max 20).
Key: "HKLM\Software\Cybera Server\DB\Max Backups"
- Added ability to empty IM profiles in session cleanup
(GAIM only for now)
- GUI touch ups (use of system fonts among other things)... read more
Re-uploaded cybera server 1.4.52 as it seemed to be corrupt.
New Source code release:
20041130_cybera-code.exe contains the source code of:
- cybera server 1.4.52
- cybera client 1.2.31
Cybera server 1.4.52:
- Added ability to modify maximum number of clients in the registry
Key: "HKLM\Software\Cybera Server\Clients\Max Number of clients"
- fixed bug when recharging a card in use: expiry date not updated
- fixed small GUI update bug in card view
- fixed bug in card recharge when client attempts a connection
at exactly the same time.
- fixed bug in bonus attribution
- fixed GUI bug in Client workstation view
- fixed exception handling pb.... read more
An update to the Cybera Server and Cybera Client source code can be found in:
Cybera Server v1.4.40:
- Added extra info in Session and income journal
- Added ability to search cards by owner as well as by number
- fixed display bug in session journal when times are over 24h
- fixed bug in stats progress bar
- fixed bug in Recharge form when prices are over 1000 units
- fixed bug in popup menu of start session button in card view
Cybera Server v1.4.33 and Cybera Client v1.2.28 contain bug fixes.
The french language user manual is now available:
Le manuel utilisateur en franais est maintenant dispo: