Menu

server does not see client

Help
moh
2006-09-17
2020-04-20
  • moh

moh - 2006-09-17

Hello, I am new to all this. I am testing the software using 2 computers - 1 server and 1 client. I have set up the server and created and client account. But the client computer indicates:

server address: searching..
    connection state: connecting

When I click activate, the admin window pops ip. However, the "activate" button stays greyed and I can not activate the client. What I am doing wrong?

• Samuel Monsarrat

Are you running a firewall on the server and the client ? if so try disableing it and try again.

Sam.

• iamdude

iamdude - 2006-10-25

hello. this is my first post. i have been using cybera 1.9rc2 for the past 4 months now and haven't had any major problems. my server and clients are running windows xp home edition.

I have encountered the same problem. So the solution to this was to permit internet access to both the server and the client. Furthermore, I set the client to manually connect to the server.

Hope this helps.

PJ

• Kainz

Kainz - 2006-11-22

Hi!

I have the same problem (with 1.9rc3) and would need urgent help, because the cyber cafe should open next monday (27.Nov.06).

The PC's (WinXP Home) can see each other, are in a workgroup, can share drives and printers, can ping each other (name an IP, so name resolution is o.k.), but the clients can not connect to the server:
      I tried manual and automtic connect.

Can someone please help?

Thanks
      Stefan

• Samuel Monsarrat

Sorry for the delay in this reply.
        First Cybera can work with XP home but user rights will not be locked down, you need XP pro for this.
        If you cannot get the workstations to connect to the server manually then there must be something blocking Cybera on the server, such as a firewall, make sure that cybera server is allowed to listen to TCP port 4646.

Sam.

• Kainz

Kainz - 2006-12-03

Thanks it works now.
          As I hate the M$ Firewall I deactivated it an used a personal firewall, where you can change teh rules a bit more specific and easier.
          I got some "attacks" on port 4646 since. Black hats who try to hack teh cybera server? Could be, the IP's ranged from Singapore to Argentina, some untraceable.
          Anyway, it works and it works great.

Thanks
          Stefan

• Samuel Monsarrat

Great. You can change the different cybera TCP & UDP ports if you like. If you are interested, I can tell you how.

Sam.

• Sergiu

Sergiu - 2006-11-28

ok, now i have the same problem....
      it worked fine before, an i changed the admin's PC. physicaly, bought another one....
      I installed the same winXP pro SP2, etc... but after i installed cybera server it does not see the clients... any of them.
      i reinstalled several time the server and the clients... nothing.
      "netstat -a -b" on the admin's pc shows that cybera server is listening to port 4646. i even stoped the windows firewall service, both on the admin's pc and the client's ...
      nothing. does not automatically conect, nor manualy...
      i'm stuck :D this really goes beyond me.

before, all i needed was to set cybera in the windows firewall's exception list, and it automatically conected to the server... now it's just "searching..." and "connecting...", nothing more..

• Sergiu

Sergiu - 2006-11-28

update to this:
      1 also tried with another computer as server. this also did not work...
      it seems that the clients remember somehow the first PC used with the server and will not work with anyother one...

what i have tried:
      - i uninstalled the clients, cleaned their registry's, rebooted, installed te clients back. nothing.
      - i put back the old server pc, and it connected to all the clients. fine. i exported the registry keys refering to cybera server, and ran it on the new server pc. this has registered the clients names, and network MAC adresses. thus, it shows me in the main cybera window the client names, but it still does not connect. they are shown as "not present".
      -i found in the clients registry one key that states: "~checkSamePcAsServer" with value 1. i set it to 0. still no change.
      what could it be? i really need to change the server pc to a better one, the old one has flaws...

• Sergiu

Sergiu - 2006-11-29

latest update:
      seems that the unknown issue was actually a dos type virus...
      i formated the new admin pc and reinstalled windowsXP pro... works fine now. sry for the last 2 posts. took me a whole day of hard work just to turn back the next day to the direct approach :D
      at least i hope that my experience will benefit others.
      so: WHATCH OUT! he PC that runs the server must be secured... OR ELSE :)

cheers to u all.

• Samuel Monsarrat

Interesting !
        Good to hear that you got is working again.

Sam.

• Rassie2666

Rassie2666 - 2006-11-30

Hi
      I have recently downloaded Cybera Client and Server 1.9, and also have trouble seeing my clients on the server.  I also want to know how do you enter the client PC under ADMIN rights in case I have to do maintenance.

On the subject of the server issue, I am running Windows XP Pro, so the OS cant be the problem, and I do not want to disable the firewall as I do not want to invite viruses on to my network.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S.

Is there an option to monitor and control bandwidth and downloads on the Server.  I do nopt see the option and was wondering if i maybe missed it.

• Samuel Monsarrat

"I also want to know how do you enter the client PC under ADMIN rights in case I have to do maintenance." => CTRL+ALT+ Click on logo area (or CTRL+ALT+Enter)

"and also have trouble seeing my clients on the server" => do theu never connect, or is the connection unstable?

"and I do not want to disable the firewall" => no need to as long as it lets Cybera accept connections - i.e. be a server and also authorizes remote registry connections.

"Is there an option to monitor and control bandwidth and downloads on the Server" => no, not at this time.

Sam.

• ALI ABDUL- RUSULI

good morning please I need urgent help, I currently installed the cyber cafe software on my computers both the clients and the server and the problem I am facing is when i turn on the client computers only three of the client computers connects to the server but the others keep on saying retrieving settings from ccp server connecting and disconnect. please how do I solve this problme thank you

• Kevin Klimack

Kevin Klimack - 2020-04-20

If you need help in the future try https://www.internetcafesoftware.com for help with CyberCafePro and other cyber cafe software issues.