No RESTRICION IN CLIENT HELP ME!!

2008-10-20
2013-06-11
  • Juliano Sena
    Juliano Sena
    2008-10-20

I can not apply the restrictions on the client computers
    I get an error message saying that the server does not have administrator access.
    What do I do? :'(

• Gitow
      Gitow
      2009-01-10

I also am with this problem .. and nobody knows how to resolve this :(

• Vagner Moya
      Vagner Moya
      2009-01-27

Hi how are you,

You have installed policy for windows from gpedit.msc

Running command gpedit.msc and edit policy.

Bye

See you

Vagner Moya

• Gitow
        Gitow
        2009-01-29

please explain better, has many settings in gpedit.msc

• Gitow
      Gitow
      2009-02-01

my cyber going bankrupt this way. Cyber is the best management program that is on the market, but this does not apply to restrictions on customers ...

• mr_anyone
      mr_anyone
      2009-05-09

"I get an error message saying that the server does not have administrator access. "

Actually, this explains the problem very well. The user running Cybera on the server-machine needs to have administrative access on the client machine, otherwise access restrictions can't be working correctly.

• GianT
    GianT
    2010-02-18

Are your workstations and server in a domain? If so, the computer with the server must have administrator rights on the domain.
    If not, you have to create an account on each of your client workstations with admin rights, and this account must be the one you are running the server with.

I mean for example, without a domain you should try this:

Server workstation: logged with the account Manager

Client workstation: logged with the account Client (can have admin rights too), but has also an admin account named Manager. This account must have the same password that the account Manager on the server workstation.

Hope this helps :)
    cya