How do you build Windows CVW Client?

2003-05-30
2004-05-07
  • Arthur Calvert

Arthur Calvert - 2003-05-30

I have taken on the task of trying to recompile the client under a newer version of JDK, but I am having problems compiling the .java files. When I compile a java file that references another java file, I get several cannot resolve symbol errors. For example, the Notepad file in package org.mitre.tjt references the CVWCoordinator.java file in package org.mite.cvw, and vice versa. The class files can not be created since they reference one another. Has anyone tried to compile the client? If so, can you please help?

• Michael J. Cannon

I think what we really need to do is get a source tree up at the site, so we can all begin the process of updating to A modern JVM...

Any of the DEV staff listening?  Deb, Jon, Steve???

• Anonymous - 2003-12-15

I also tried to compile cvw-java-client-4.0 using cygwin and NetBeansIDE and I found many errors (inexistent classes, deprecated calls, unresolved symbols).

The first step must be to confirm if the source distribution is complete, or, which must be the correct procedure to compile it.

My first goal is to replace VAT with RAT.

Does someone know how to do it or could help?

• Anonymous - 2004-05-07

I compiled and build the java client (jcvw.jar) using NetBeans IDE 3.5 and JDK 1.4 and it works OK, but always I have 44 warnings about deprecated methods.
      Even if this are only warnings about changes in java API, I think could be interesting to update to new methods.
      Has anyone tried to solve this warnings? If so can you please help?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks