cvwdocserver install

Anita Peng
2003-12-10
2013-03-25
  • Anita Peng

Anita Peng - 2003-12-10

when I run /etc/init.d/cvwds start, database can run correctly, but showed some socket connection wrong messages such as: java.net.ConnectionException: connection refused 
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:276)...and many of this kind of messages.

I have installed cvw server a few times on redhat 9 in different computers, same problem happened.

Thanks

• Anonymous - 2003-12-11

Hey dude,

My understanding is that your mysql server isnt up, tell me, are u able to connect to the mysqlserver ?

Try connecting to it through AQT for windows.

• Anita Peng

Anita Peng - 2003-12-12

yes, I downloaded the cvw server package which includes Mysql, I just followed installation steps by server install guide.

here is the reported message of Mysql:
      Starting CVW document server database
      Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/CVWdocserver/mysql/data
      /opt/CVWdocserver/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld: line 194:  3354 Segmentation fault
      ( trap "" 1; exec $NOHUP_NICENESS $ledir/mysqld $defaults --basedir=$MY_BASEDIR_VERSION --datadir=$DATADIR --user=$user --pid-file=$pid_file --skip-locking >>$err_log 2>&1 )
      031211 23:59:50  mysqld ended\n

Then Tomcat message:
      Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)

Sorry, I have no idea for
      "Try connecting to it through AQT for windows.", what is AQT?

Thanks

• Anonymous - 2003-12-12

Hi Anita

I also faced the same problem.
        See your mysql is not working.
        See the segmentation fault.

tarting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/CVWdocserver/mysql/data
        /opt/CVWdocserver/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld: line 194:  3354 Segmentation fault  ( trap "" 1; exec $NOHUP_NICENESS $ledir/mysqld $defaults --basedir=$MY_BASEDIR_VERSION --datadir=$DATADIR --user=$user --pid-file=$pid_file --skip-locking >>$err_log 2>&1 ) 031211 23:59:50  mysqld ended\n ...

Okay, now about how i solved this problem.
        You need to download and install a new mysql server, copy the data files from the old mysql dir and put it in the new, start the mysql service.

tell me once u are done whit this.

btw. aqt is a tool to connect to a mysql server from a windows box.

• Anita Peng

Anita Peng - 2003-12-12

Thank you,  palm_tree, finally I got mysql started by running /etc/init.d/mysql, then docserver can run correctly.

Still curious why mysql can be started automatically by run cvwds boot script on redhat 8.0, but not on redhat9.0?

• Umesh Balani

Umesh Balani - 2003-12-15

Tell me anita, did you also get the multicast video and audio working across subnets ?

Regards
      Umesh Balani

• Anita Peng

Anita Peng - 2003-12-22

Sorry, Umesh Balani, I haven't tested it, however I may do it when I am back school after New Year.

• David W. Taylor

David W. Taylor - 2004-04-06

I had the segmentation fault too, but I somehow moved the data to a new sql install and got it to run.  I also had to download a java runtime to get tomcat up.

It's installed, but when I try to import a file I get the following error:
      org.mitre.cvw.docserv.DocServException:
      org.mitre.cvw.docserv.DocServException: I/O error: Error writing to server

Any ideas?

• Peter Gregson

Peter Gregson - 2005-02-20

My CVW seems to run fine except that I cannot improt documents. David, how did you fix this?

• David W. Taylor

David W. Taylor - 2005-02-21

Steve Jones figured out my problem, it is described as follows:

Under the client installation directory, there is a file named "server.cvw" which describes the MOO server and Doc Server connnections. Modify the cvw.docserver.url line to look like this:

cvw.docserver.url=/app/docservlet

Since the servlet under Tomcat was stored under the app directory, that's how we have to address it.

• Peter Gregson

Peter Gregson - 2005-02-25

I have a wierd problem.  I cannot import files into CVW at all.  After perusing the docserver source, it appears that when I try to import a file, the system first tries to find that directory and file based on the random number (the docid) and last two digits of it (the index) generated to uniquely identify the file.  Since the system is new, it doesn't find them.  It creates the directory for the new file, but fails to save anything in that directory.  When it fails to find the file, it appears to return out instead of saving the new file.

How do I fix this?  Is it
      1.  a bug in the software
      2.  a misunderstanding on my part
      3.  an old version of software, or
      4.  some kind of system dependency.  I am using FreeBSD 5.3.

Otherwise, CVW is working fine (after I made small changes to the install procedure to accont for FreeBSD).  Note that CVW has exhibited the same behaviour on RedHat and on cygwin.

I would appreciate any help available

Regards, Peter

• ramya

ramya - 2006-02-06

hi ,
      when i give the command /etc/init.d/cvwds start....
      the following was the error message

Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
      /opt/CVWdocserver/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld: line 194:  2798 Segmentation fault      ( trap "" 1; exec $NOHUP_NICENESS $ledir/mysqld $defaults --basedir=$MY_BASEDIR_VERSION --datadir=$DATADIR --user=$user --pid-file=$pid_file --skip-locking >>$err_log 2>&1 )
      060206 20:49:30  mysqld ended\n
      followed by...
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: verification failed at PC 111 in com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker.DbConnectionBroker:getConnection(()Ljava.sql.Connection;): recursive subroutine call

i have mysql already installed in my system..

i started it by the command /etc/init.d/mysqld start ...
      then  the following message appears...
      A mysqld process already exists
      Starting CVW document web server
      ..followed by ...
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: verification failed at PC 111 in com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker.DbConnectionBroker:getConnection(()Ljava.sql.Connection;): recursive subroutine call
      pls help me out to rectify this...

• Monty3dog

Monty3dog - 2006-10-19

In case it is of interest to members of this topic -
      I've just made couple of posts to Users' forum summarizing my quite painless and smooth installation of CVWdocserver on CentOS4 using latest available rpms of Tomcat and Mysql.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks