file search doesn't seem to work

Help
mkolakow
2005-06-08
2013-04-02
  • mkolakow

mkolakow - 2005-06-08

Hello,

I love using cvs monitor.  It's a great tool and fun too.  Anyhow, I have been having difficulty with the file search.  For starters, when searching for a file using file substring and case-insensitive, I NEVER get any results.  Even if I type the full filename it just says "there were no files found"

Well, that's fine, I can just leave the text box empty and it will return all files.  However, we have > 50 files and it only shows the first 50.  When clicking on the link for the next 50 it then says:

Can't call method "filename" on an undefined value at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/cvsmonitor/cvsmonitor.pl line 3451.

Any ideas?  I use the annotation feature a lot to get dates on lines and this keeps me from using it on some files. (mostly those beginning with letters at the end of the alphabet!)

By the way, everything else works beautifully.  Graphs look great.  The install passed everything with 'flying colors'.  It is running on a Solaris box.

Thanks,
    Michael

• mkolakow

mkolakow - 2005-06-08

My mistake...It's not my box, so I checked..it's running RedHat 7...I think.  Don't know if this makes much difference.

Michael

• Adam Kennedy

Adam Kennedy - 2005-07-08

How unusual... I think there's a couple of file-related bugs in there that have been documented before. There might even be a one line patch for it.

Wish we weren't stuck in the stupid 0.7 situation, or we'd have released and gotten rid of these historical bugs.

• Adam Kennedy

Adam Kennedy - 2005-07-08

back again. There's a dir (the root) missing from the search path.

Try doing a path substring search instead of file substring and see what happens

• mkolakow

mkolakow - 2005-08-01

Adam,

Thanks.  It still doesn't work...our project has grown since the last time I posted.  We now have 104 files.  So I got the first 50, and then the next 50, but it crapped out for the last four.  I had my hopes up for a minute there.  I tried all the search options, leaving them blank, and got the same results.  I can't get the last 'set' of files.

My solution...I'll probably just go in and change the source to display 1-200 or something.  That's easy enough.  I've looked at it a little, and figured that out, but I'm still not sure how the other stuff works yet.  With that said, I am interested in helping out with this project.  However, I recently got married, my step-son just moved out with us, and I took on a second teaching job.  So now is not the right time. 

Once things settle down, I'd like to start helping out.  I'd give it about a month or two more and I'll probably be able to have spare time to plink around.  I like the project so much, which is why I want to help out.

Also it's time for my stupid question of the week.  How exactly do the other searches work?  What is a path substring search?

Michael

• mkolakow

mkolakow - 2005-08-01

Adam,

On second glance...I noticed my thanks could be interpreted sarcastically due to the following sentence.  That was not my intent, and I hope you didn't/don't take it that way.  It was meant to be a thank you for replying.

I've noticed that you are pretty good with replying to messages even though I understand you have been busy doing other things.  It's far too easy to move on to something else, and let the past projects fall by the wayside.  Despite the fact that the project seems to be on a standstill, you still check the forum and that's cool.

Keep up the good work, I hope to be a part of your team in the future.

Thanks,
      Michael

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks