CVSGrab 2.2.3-SNAPSHOT

Help
2006-08-11
2013-04-02
  • Shinobu Kawai

Shinobu Kawai - 2006-08-11

I copied the latest SNAPSHOT build here:
      http://www.codehaus.org/~shinobu/CVSGrab/

This is for those of you who just can't wait for the next release.  You can, of course build it from CVS to get the same results.  :)

• Achim Bursian

Achim Bursian - 2006-08-14

A big thanks to Shinobu!

• Bryan Childs

Bryan Childs - 2006-12-11

Hi Shinobu - thanks for this.

I'm assuming the patches to work with ViewVC are yours ?

If so - do you think there's any chance of making them working with multi-repository ViewVC pages ?

I'm trying to use CVSGRAB to pull down the latest version of E17 - which has recently moved from ViewCVS to ViewVC - and just using the URL of the page doesn't appear to work since there are now multiple repositories hosted on the site.

I've had a look at your code - and it *looks* like you're missing the calls to successfully use the -projectRoot parameter. With a ViewCVS site this passes a "?cvsroot=" parameter at the end of the rootURL. With ViewVC this should be "?root=" I think.

I've had a look at your code, and I *think* I can see what needs changing - but I'm not quite sure what your getRoot() function call is doing. It appears to be more or less equivalent to the getProjectRoot() function in the ViewCVS interface class - but you're calling set from within the get - so I'm not sure what's going on.

Also - there appear to be no calls that do "WebBrowser.addQueryParam(url, _cvsrootParam, getProjectRoot())" or the equivalent in your getDirectoryUrl() function. I'll have a go at doing this on my own - but my Java skills are pretty rusty - so I'm not confident I'll be able to make it go!

Anyway - thanks for your efforts so far - they're very much appreciated - I didn't want to try writing ViewVC interfaces all on my own from scratch :)

Bryan