newbie question(help installing currenttrack)

Justin
2007-05-21
2013-04-25
  • Justin

Justin - 2007-05-21

Hi there...this is the first time i am downloading a plugin for pidgin, so please bear with me. I just downloaded the currenttrack.dll file, but i dont know where to go from there. everytime I open it, an "open files" window opens, and I dont know what to do with it. should I copy the .dll file somewhere? where? I'm confused, please help me. Thanks, take care. (if you cant tell, im sort of a newbie in regards to linux :P)

• John Roark

John Roark - 2007-05-21

If you are running linux you will need to either build from the source package (tar xzvf currenttrack-1.1.tar.gz && cd currenttrack-1.1 && ./configure && make && sudo make install) or if you can install rpms use the the binary rpm (sudo rpm -Uivh currenttrack-1.1-1.i386.rpm). The zip with a *.dll is for Windows and should be copied to "C:\Program Files\Pidgin\plugins".

Hope that clears things up.

• Justin

Justin - 2007-05-21

ok, i finally figured that out. But after installing the plugin, when opening Pidgin and enabling the currenttrack plugin, pidgin freezes! I know its becuase of currenttrack, becuase when I disable currenttrack before it runs, pidgin runs fine. Is there any way to fix it?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks