Crashing when enabling Current Track

Jaxia
2007-09-24
2013-04-25
  • Jaxia

Jaxia - 2007-09-24

Hello,

When I got into plugins and try to active Current track, I get the following error:

Unspecified fatal error encountered, aborting.

When I hit OK on that, I get this:

MS Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime error!

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application support team for more information.

I've tried reinstalling both pidgin and current track, but it doesn't resolve the problem.

Pidgin crashes.

Any ideas?

• randrake

randrake - 2007-09-29

I can't say this will fix your issue. But 3 months ago, I had the crashing issue. Here's what I did. Uninstall Pidgin and Current Track. Install Pidgin and powered up to be sure it's okay. Take your own name off your buddy list if you have it there. Install and configure CT. If no crashing, then play a few songs (probably good not to be from the same cd so the buddy icon will change a couple of times as you can see in the bottom of the Pidgin window) Then you can add back your own name if you want.

Not saying this will definitely fix you since it didn't work for another person. Just saying how I got by it and been crash free for 3 months.

Also make sure you have the latest version of the softwares. Not sure what version numbers you are using. I have Pidgin 2.0.2 and Current Track 1.2

• randrake

randrake - 2007-09-29

Okay, I see Pidgin is on 2.2. So could be something in Pidgin "broke" Current Track. It wouldn't be the first time that happened. Read when it changed names from Gaim to Pidgin which caused issues. ;)