Pidgin Support?

2007-05-02
2013-04-25
  • luminous lemon

luminous lemon - 2007-05-02

hi just wondered if the plugin might be updated to work with pidgin. any news either way much appreciated. cheers!

• John Roark

John Roark - 2007-05-02

I'll try and get that updated soon... it sounds like they are planning on releasing 2.0.0 final tomorrow? Short beta!

• Michael Holroyd

Michael Holroyd - 2007-05-04

Short beta indeed! Looking forward to the update :)

• John Roark

John Roark - 2007-05-10

The newly released version (1.1) supports Pidgin 2.0.0

• jwyde

jwyde - 2007-05-10

I don't know if opening a bug would be better, but the new plug-in stops Pidgin from loading.  I get an “Instruction at 0x_____ referenced memory at 0x______.  The memory could not be written" error.  I am running Pidgin 2.0.0 with the following configuration:

System:
        Microsoft Windows Server 2003
        Enterprise Edition
        Service Pack 2 v.4035

Pidgin Debugging Information
        Plugins: Enabled
        SSL: Pidgin was compiled with SSL support.
        GTK+ Runtime: 2.10.11
        Glib Runtime: 2.12.11

Library Support
        Cyrus SASL: Disabled
        Gadu-Gadu library (libgadu): Internal
        GtkSpell: Enabled
        GnuTLS: Disabled
        Network Security Services (NSS): Enabled
        Perl: Enabled
        Tcl: Enabled
        Tk: Enabled

• John Roark

John Roark - 2007-05-10

Could you tell me what types of accounts you have set in Pidgin (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, etc...) If you are comfortable editing you prefs a copy of your prefs would be helpful. Make sure you remove any personal info from your prefs (usernames, PASSWORDS, etc) and send to me at jroark AT cs DOT usfca DOT edu.

• jwyde

jwyde - 2007-05-10

Sure, I’m using Gmail (XMPP), Yahoo!, MSN, AIM, & ICQ.  One thing I'll try is removing one account at a time and see if I can get the error message to go away.  I'll also disable any other plugins one at a time and see if there isn't an adverse reaction with one of them.

What file contain my prefs?  I'd be happy to send it.  I searched manually for something that looked like a preference file, but couldn't see anything obvious.

• John Roark

John Roark - 2007-05-10

Usually your prefs are located in the User Application Data folder ( you may need to turn on the "Show hidden files and folders" option in explorer (Tools -> Folder Options... -> View -> Hidden files and folders).

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\.purple\prefs.xml &
              C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\.purple\accounts.xml

Make sure to remove your passwords and/or usernames from accounts.xml.

Thanks,
              John

• luminous lemon

luminous lemon - 2007-05-10

the format options in this release are absolutely superb!

great stuff john :D

• samir

samir - 2007-05-10

hello.  i downloaded the plugin and started it up but it does not update the available or away informtaion.  i had it working fine with the gaim beta 6 release.  i am using winamp 5.34 on windows vista ultimate 32 bit.  i have the titles correctly formatted in winamp and i left the default message.  is anyone else having a problem getting the latest version with pidgin 2.0.0?

• John Roark

John Roark - 2007-05-10

Yes this is strange... I think it may be larger problem either with pidgin or AIM I couldn't even get my ichat/itunes msg to show up in pidgin and other plugins (musictracker, musicinfo) don't seem to work either. In fact I can't set my available msg throught the pidgin status thingy at the bottom? It does seem to be working for XMPP (Google Chat).

Weird???

• Michael Holroyd

Michael Holroyd - 2007-05-10

Possibly similar problems here. Using /track in an IM works as expected, and away messages get updated correctly, but the available message doesn't update.

• samir

samir - 2007-05-11

totally weird!  i spent half an hour changing settings, reinstalling pidgin, etc before i gave up.  its strange considering how well it was working before.

• Victor Zeiser

Victor Zeiser - 2007-05-14

yeah for my I can use the /track command,  but my available message and buddy icon aren't updating.

• Taro Matsuno

Taro Matsuno - 2007-05-14

Foobar2000 isn't working, I'm using v 0.9.4.3 with Pidgin and CurrentTrack 1.1, but whenever I use the /track command, I get "Quiet".  I tried using settings for other players, as another user suggested, but that went nowhere.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks