When ftp'ing using the full url including its sub-
directory, the list-only option only lists the parent
directory. The list-only option does not perform the
Though this can be worked round by using -Q "CWD
Logged In: YES
It works fine for me:
$ curl --list-only ftp.sunet.se/pub/gnu/ -vi
* gethostbyname_r() uses 200 bytes
* About to connect() to ftp.sunet.se:21
* Connected to ftp.sunet.se (126.96.36.199) port 21
> USER anonymous
> PASS firstname.lastname@example.org
* We have successfully logged in
* Entry path is '/'
> CWD pub/gnu
* About to connect() to ftp.sunet.se:56795
* Connecting to ftp1.sunet.se (188.8.131.52) port 56795
* Connected the data stream with PASV!
> TYPE A
* Getting file with size: -1
[ directory output cut out ]
* Connection #0 left intact
* Closing connection #0
No feedback, works in tests. Closing.