Version 1.2.2 fixes a crash with newer Canon printers that send an XML-document in response to a get status request.
It also fixes a possible buffer overflow on incorrect responses from the printer
This version just fixes a compilation error on older GCC versions. If you have cups-bjnp-1.1 and it works for you there is no point in updating. If compilation of cups-bjnp-1.1 fails with complaints about bjnp_command_t being redefined, this version should fix your issues
Added IPv6 support
Fixed long standing "Failed to read side channel" bug
Major rewrite of the code
- fixed silly erors in configure script
- fixed printer detection on FreeBSD (forgot to set address family for bin() in bjnp_send_broadcast()
- Fixed rpmlint warnings
Version 0.5 is now available (it has been available for over a week as I forgot to update the news). It contains autoconf support for better portability as well as some bug-fixes and firewalling and debugging improvements
Version 0.4 is now available. it contains a number of improvements. Speed should now be roughly as good as in the Windows driver.
Version 0.4 corrects some issues:
- when the filter was slow, we could loose the connection to the printer
- Some printer model apparently did not like it when a new job was started right away. Added a 15 sec delay at the end of a printjob
I would appreciate feedback on results or failures with this backend.... read more
CUPS-BJNP is now released on source forge.
It adds a lot of new features:
- Compiles without needs for CUPS sources (requires cups-devel packages only)
- works with CUPS 1.2 and 1.3
- RPMs available for Fedora 9 and Centos 5