Menu

CUBRID in Chinese at Wikipedia

2010-09-14
2013-06-05
  • Esen Sagynov

Esen Sagynov - 2010-09-14

Hi Yifan,

Could you please check if the CUBRID page in Chinese at Wikipedia has everything correct in terms of grammar and structure? We have updated that page, and would like to make sure the Chinese users have the correct information.

Please, post your comments here afterwards.

Thank you in advance!

Esen.

• Esen Sagynov

• thorny-road

thorny-road - 2010-09-14

In terms of grammar and structure, the Chinese wiki page is correct. I also read the English wiki. The English wiki of CUBRID has more content than Chinese.

• Esen Sagynov

I see. Do you think you can add add more contents to it? You can refer to the English version. Let me know if you can.

• thorny-road

thorny-road - 2010-09-14

If you don't need it right now, I can finish this job by this weekend. There is much work to do about  CUBRID ODBC and PHP.

• Esen Sagynov

Yes, of course, you can do you main tasks now. When you have time, please take a look at the Wikipedia.

Thank you.

• Esen Sagynov

Esen Sagynov - 2010-11-17

Hello Yifan,

Could you please update the CUBRID page in Chinese at Wikipedia? I have added info about the new CUBRID 3.1 beta release, and availability of BLOB/CLOB data types.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

• thorny-road

thorny-road - 2010-11-17

OK :)

• thorny-road

thorny-road - 2010-11-17

Hi kadishmal,

I have a question about wiki. In section "Platform and Interfaces", it says "Both CUBRID and its CUBRID Manager provide a command-line interface called CSQL and a front-end administration tool called SQL Buddy for CUBRID".

Current version of CUBRID Manager don't provide CSQL and SQL Buddy. I hear that CUBRID Manager team will develop a brand-new version of Manager next year, so maybe this content is not appropriate.

• Esen Sagynov

Esen Sagynov - 2010-11-17

I have made slight changes to the page. CUBRID itself has CSQL, not CUBRID Manager actually. So I updated. And SQL Buddy has been renamed to CUBRID WebQuery, which is not distributed with the CUBRID installer. Users can download it from curbid.org separately. And, yes, the Chinese team is planning to develop a powerful Web based database management tool possibly more powerful than phpMyAdmin. This is planned for the next year.