CUBRID.org IRC

2010-07-14
2013-06-05
  • Esen Sagynov

Esen Sagynov - 2010-07-14

Catalin,

As I know our CUBRID IRC is not working, so why don't we remove the link until you finish the stable version? People visiting that page will not understand, if there is nothing on the page.

Currently, I hid that menu making it visible to only 'Regular Members".

The question is: are you going to enable IRC soon as you have told before that you were making some changes?

• Catalin Ciobanu

Catalin Ciobanu - 2010-07-14

Dear Esen,

I know that the current IRC on cubrid.org it's not a proper one. Unfortunately when we have lunched this version of cubrid.org there was not too much time for all the details and since IRC was a low priority feature we have kept the old IRC and decided that later we will change it with a real IRC server and a real IRC client.
    Later, after few discussions we had here, we decided that IRC is not a chat protocol that is used these days anymore or at least not by Cubrid community members. On the other hand, there should be an operator of that Cubrid channel that moderates it and even answer the questions. On my last discussion with you about IRC you also said you don't find it useful.
    However even if initially we were planing to introduce a real IRC server and client, after some additional discussions we decided that it is not worthing to spend 2-3 days with the IRC, but concentrate on some other tasks.

Now we have removed the IRC function in cubrid.org but if you will consider it useful please let us know to install it.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks