can't compile

Help
Jozef Riha
2010-06-13
2013-05-20
  • Jozef Riha

Jozef Riha - 2010-06-13

$ make
    which: no lua-config50 in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/share/java/apache-ant/bin:/opt/ganttproject/bin:/opt/java/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/NX/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin)
    which: no lua-config50 in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/share/java/apache-ant/bin:/opt/ganttproject/bin:/opt/java/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/NX/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin)
    g++   -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -o cubosphere -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/cubosphere\" -llua -llualib -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lGL -lGLEW -lGLU -lSDL_mixer -ljpeg -lSDL_ttf src/*.cpp
    src/luautils.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void TLuaAccess::LoadStdLibs()’:
    src/luautils.cpp:164:26: error: ‘lua_baselibopen’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp:165:25: error: ‘lua_tablibopen’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp:166:25: error: ‘lua_strlibopen’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp:167:26: error: ‘lua_mathlibopen’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp: In member function ‘bool TLuaAccess::LoadFile(std::string, int)’:
    src/luautils.cpp:184:34: error: ‘lua_dofile’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp: In static member function ‘static int TLuaCuboLib::SCORE_Load(lua_State*)’:
    src/luautils.cpp:1363:29: error: ‘lua_dofile’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp: In static member function ‘static int TLuaCuboLib::SAVE_Load(lua_State*)’:
    src/luautils.cpp:1411:29: error: ‘lua_dofile’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp: In static member function ‘static int TLuaCuboLib::INCLUDE(lua_State*)’:
    src/luautils.cpp:2047:29: error: ‘lua_dofile’ was not declared in this scope
    src/luautils.cpp: In static member function ‘static int TLuaCuboLib::CONFIG_Load(lua_State*)’:
    src/luautils.cpp:2064:29: error: ‘lua_dofile’ was not declared in this scope
    make: ***  Error 1

lua version: 5.1.4

thank you,

joe

• Anonymous - 2010-06-13

Hi, the problem results in the different Lua versions. I've currently 5.0 installed. However, in the next release I'll change it to the most current one.

If you want to compile it now, please move into "luautils.cpp", line 22. Remove the "#ifdef WIN32" and the "#endif" in line 30.

Now it should compile. Otherwise, please report!
    In upcoming versions (beyond 0.04) this issue will be fixed by default.

• Jozef Riha

Jozef Riha - 2010-06-13

now i'm getting different error:

$ make
    g++   -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -o cubosphere -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/cubosphere\" -llua -llualib -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lGL -lGLEW -lGLU -lSDL_mixer -ljpeg -lSDL_ttf src/*.cpp
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llualib
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: ***  Error 1

• Anonymous - 2010-06-13

If you can't get Lua 5.0.x for your system, I don't really know, where the error results of.

Do you have a lualib library in your /usr/lib/ ?
    Please make sure that you have the appropriate lualib package installed.

Try entering

ls /usr/lib/liblualib*

and post your output.

In the command

g++ -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -o cubosphere -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/cubosphere\" -llua -llualib -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lGL -lGLEW -lGLU -lSDL_mixer -ljpeg -lSDL_ttf src/*.cpp

you will have to adjust the "-llualib" switch. This can be done in line 12 of the Makefile.

• Jozef Riha

Jozef Riha - 2010-06-13

is this okay? i could not find lualib package for my distro (arch linux).

$ ls /usr/lib/liblualib*
    ls: cannot access /usr/lib/liblualib*: No such file or directory
    $ ls /usr/lib/liblua*  
    /usr/lib/liblua.a  /usr/lib/liblua.so  /usr/lib/liblua.so.5.1

• Anonymous - 2010-06-13

Ok, thanks.
    Without any lualib package, you won't be able to compile it :-(
    You need both lua and lualib.
    If there isn't a package for your distro, you will have to compile it by yourself. May be you'll find a precompiled liblualib.so or something like this for your lua version.

• Anonymous - 2010-06-13

I will try to implement lua 5.1 usage in the next days. For the next release it is definitely planned.

• Anonymous - 2010-06-13

Hey, the solution is more simple than I though.
    Since Lua 5.1 there is no separate lualib library anymore.
    Simply remove the linker directive "-llualib" and compile with the modified makefile (with removed # in the first line)

That should do it!

• Anonymous - 2010-06-14

Yeah! Thanks very much for your package! Great!

In upcoming releases Lua 5.1 will be used. There will be no need anymore to change the Makefile.

On my development Laptop the source is already ported to Lua 5.1

But first we'll have to create new game content, before the first Beta will be released.

• Anonymous - 2010-06-18

Hey chriddo and other owners of this client. I have an idea you might like. :) Why don't one of you have a go at making the kula world lasers? And you could like connect buttons with the lasers so it works just like kula world. Where you turn a button on or off and the lasers come on or off? I just thought it would be something you would enjoy making… y'know, just an idea!

• Anonymous - 2010-06-18

Hi,
    our first major goal is the implementation of all features of the gorgeous Kula World. Therefore, we will of course include toggleable lasers. Currently we are working on elevator and fire blocks.  After that, lasers, bonus levels and enemies will be implemented.
    When all Kula features are included, we'll extend the game by additional own ideas and blocks.

But thanks for the suggestion - we hope, that lasers are already part of the next version

Greetings, Chriddo

• sLoK

sLoK - 2010-06-30

Hello!  this days I have been making the files to use cmake  for compilig this great project (also detects the LUA version and adds the define NEWLUA to the preprocessor) its very simple CMakeListst.txt and is my first cmake file, it will have many errors, and maybe many things to correct, but it compiles fine :D. Also I have to say that there are problems with the "make install" because when we don't say an specific path to install (with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX), cmake says that the directory where is going to be installed doesn't exist (in that moment, cmake would have to make the directory :S), this only ocurs with the predefined path (/usr/local)  as I said before.

The compilation has been tested in a Slackware current (of the 13.0 branch), it should work in every distro

By the way where I have to send you chriddo? or upload for all (megaupload??)?  I would submit like a patch, but are 3 files with some directories :s

Sorry for my english I'm from Basque Country :)

• Anonymous - 2010-07-01

Hi and thanks for your work!

I've actually no knowledge of cmake files, but it is a nice feature.
    You can attach files to tracker artifacts on SourceForge. Since you have three files I would recommend to compress them into an archive.
    However, you can also send them to cubosphere@web.de
    By doing so, I'll include your cmake files in the next release.
    Uploading your whole Cubo folder is not necessary :-)

Greetings, and don't worry about your English - mine isn't better ^^

• sLoK

sLoK - 2010-07-01

Done :) I uploaded like a patch in the tracker, It needs to be tested, like I said before it has been only tested on my computer with GNU/Linux, I don't know if Windows compilation works jajaja

• Anonymous - 2010-08-08

Hey, i tell you something! you got a real talent on gamemaking! Those screenshots are just so amazing! I really can't wait for this beta! You should mega proud of yourself, because when i look at those screenshots i think, "Is this something chriddo has got off google?". lol but of course its just you! Your so amazing mate. By the way i'd love it if i could be mates with you. ;)
    You have a talent mate! Think about it. hope you reply ;)

• Mohamed Saeed

Mohamed Saeed - 2010-08-16

an awesome game a great game
    whatever what I see I wont give what do u deserve
    thanks for the nice game
    but I have an idea
    why dont u create in the game
    a ball creator i mean like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbh_761GwA
    thank u :)

• Mohamed Saeed

also there was a new block type in kula quest lesson level
    it is green and if u touch it the ball will turn green
    and u will get a message: acid
    also there is a new enemy not included in the screenshots
    it is the blue one in kula world
    and it is a ball-shaped enemy
    thank u and think about what i said

• Mohamed Saeed

also i sent u some levels
    regards

• Anonymous - 2010-08-17

Hi, thanks for the levels!

I know about the missing enemy you mentioned. This one is a bit harder to program, due it's irregular movement. Especially in Kula they often appear in groups. Therefore the program code has to organize the random walk of all of them to avoid collisions.

Actually I don't know the acid block you've mentioned. Although such a block sounds interesting, I've never seen it. May be it is only available in Kula Quest, and not in Kula World like it was released in my country.

Features like a ball designer are at the bottom of my to-do-list. Actually, it is more important, to program all enemies, bonus levels and may be a mod system, so that there can be created whole user mods for Cubosphere.
    However, if Cubo is in an almost final version with all basic issues implemented, a ball designer would be nice.

Thanks for your comments, hints and for your levels of course!
    Greetings,
    Chriddo

• Anonymous - 2010-10-13

Hi chriddo, i was wondering when will you be releasing the beta cuz its looking really good. :3

• Anonymous - 2010-10-14

Hi step8,

currently there are two things, that unfortunately froze the Cubo development:
    At the moment I've a lack of freetime, since I've got to organize many groups of new students at university, but this will be finished soon.
    On the other hand there is a problem with my updated Linux and the ATI drivers. After an Ubuntu update with X.Org 7.6 I've got to wait until ATI releases a new Catalyst Driver for Linux (see, that only X.Org 7.5 is supported at http://support.amd.com/de/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx ). Whenever I try to initialize OpenGL now (which is of course nescessary to start Cubo and to test new implemented features), it results in an error. Programming is therefore currently not possible at my workstation and laptop. While NVIDIA is rather fast in releasing new drivers for Linux, ATI often needs months to accomplish a working driver :-(

But don't worry, Cubo isn't dead :-)

Greetings,
    Chriddo

I'm waiting for a new ATI driver like a child awaits chrismas ;-)

• Anonymous - 2010-12-09

Thats too bad… :( Oh well, it is not your fault. I just was wondering because I just can't wait to use those fry blocks, lazers and elevators, they could be really handy for this level that im trying to work on. :) I just really love how you added the extra lazer in the middle. ;D

Good Luck m8,
    Step8

• Anonymous - 2010-12-21

Hi there,

ATI drivers are working now.
    I've played Gothic 3 and currently I play FEAR 1 and FEAR 2 in my short freetime. I'm planning to start again after FEAR 2, but it is hard to start again, since I'll have to read the whole source code again to understand it. 
    However, I've graduated my Diploma in physics with the best possible grade - therefore, the freeze in cubo development was  worth doing. But free time is still rare :-/
    I definitely have not given up Cubo and I'll hope I'll get the motivation to start again after FEAR 2 ;-)

Thanks for motivating me with your comment,
    maybe that's exactly what I need to get my ass in gear ;-)

Greetz

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks