Hello,

Help
2003-01-15
2003-01-15
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Great little tool, really like the gui.... Unfortunately I have a small problem.  I am trying to export a contact list to evolution.  the csv contain in the NOTE field some text with <CR> followed by an empty line and when i use csv2vcard here is what happens...(see here under) the <CR> are not deleted and the empty lines are replaced by =0D=0A=  instead of being compound into one line.
    The problem is that evolution will not import the vcard with a <CR> in the notes...

if I erase all the empty lines in the notes everything works fine...
    I hope this is clear otherwise I hope the example below  will be usefull

I'm not familiar with ruby and was not able to resolve the issue...

thanks again for the tool ...

TO VCF FILE

BEGIN:VCARD
    FN: meme fefe
    N: fefe meme;
    ADR;HOME: 100 main st ; fairhaver; MA; 02179;
    LABEL;QUOTED-PRINTABLE;HOME: 100 main st =0A boston, MA 02115=0A
    TEL;HOME;VOICE: 555-999-8000
    EMAIL;INTERNET: starlightbright0@aol.com
    NOTE: I am not working with an agent.
    =0D=0A=

=0D=0A=
    Condominium, Land, Multi Family, Single Family in Acushnet, Berkley, Bourne, Sagamore Beach, Bristol RI, Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, South Dartmouth, Dighton, Fairhaven, Lakeville, Little Comptonri, Mattapoisett, Middleboro, New Bedford, New Bedford Center, New Bedford Far North, New Bedford North, New Bedford Northwest, New Bedford South, New Bedford West, Rochester, Somerset, Swansea, Taunton, Wareham, East Wareham, Onset, Wareham(village), West Wareham, Westport
    =0D=0A=

=0D=0A=
    Price Range: 0 to 150000
    =0D=0A=

=0D=0A=
    Registration Date: 6/28/2002
    =0D=0A=
    Date Active: 1/15/2003
    END:VCARD

FROM CSV FILE

"meme","fefe","starlightbright0@aol.com","555-999-8000","","","","100 main st ","boston","MA","02115","I am not working with an agent.

Condominium, Land, Multi Family, Single Family in Acushnet, Berkley, Bourne, Sagamore Beach, Bristol RI, Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, South Dartmouth, Dighton, Fairhaven, Lakeville, Little Comptonri, Mattapoisett, Middleboro, New Bedford, New Bedford Center, New Bedford Far North, New Bedford North, New Bedford Northwest, New Bedford South, New Bedford West, Rochester, Somerset, Swansea, Taunton, Wareham, East Wareham, Onset, Wareham(village), West Wareham, Westport

Date Active: 1/15/2003"

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi

Thanks very much for the feedback. I currently don't have any time to resolve the problem. But as soon as things relax a bit I'll look into it (maybe in 10 days or thereabouts).
      Would the problem be fixed if the VCARD looked like:

BEGIN:VCARD
      FN: meme fefe
      N: fefe meme;
      ADR;HOME: 100 main st ; fairhaver; MA; 02179;
      LABEL;QUOTED-PRINTABLE;HOME: 100 main st =0A boston, MA 02115=0A
      TEL;HOME;VOICE: 555-999-8000
      EMAIL;INTERNET: starlightbright0@aol.com
      NOTE: I am not working with an agent.
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      =0D=0A=
      Date Active: 1/15/2003
      END:VCARD

Or do I have to delete all the newlines alltogether?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks