It is the middle of the month of November, nothing is going on, so it seems like the perfect time for a new release of CrabEmu. CrabEmu 0.1.8 has many under-the-hood changes and bugfixes. Here's a look at some of the larger ones:
* Added preliminary support for the Terebi Oekaki drawing board (Mac OS X only, at the moment).
* Changed the VDP cache updating function to use a lookup table and other VDP emulation speedups.
* Practically rewrote the entirety of CrabZ80 to create a much smaller code footprint.
* Added a much nicer image to the controller preferences dialog on Mac OS X.
* Fixed color banding issues on the Dreamcast GUI.
* Added a 50/60 Hz selector to the Dreamcast port when a European Dreamcast is detected.
* Enabled stereo sound in the Dreamcast port.
* Fixed an annoying save bug in the Dreamcast port.
Oh yeah, the Dreamcast port finally runs full-speed (at least as much as I've tested it).
Enjoy the release, and be sure to report any issues that you may find.
Log in to post a comment.