My current job is generating/maintaining RPMs for a bunch (over 500) Perl
During the process, I discovered that several packages cause Perl seg fault
while running cpan2rpm script. I located two places that trigger seg faults.
It looks like they are not bugs as such in your script, bug some bugs in
Perl. I'm running it on RHEL 5.2, so it could be that distribution/version
Discovered/fixed a bug that fires if we deal with a Perl package generated
Discovered/fixed a bug caused by some packages having '/t' appended to the
package name in the first line of tar output.
I've found workarounds for these situations, and with my changes the whole
set of packages compiles fine. Please consider, that I'm not a Perl guru, so
my changes may require more error handling, etc.
Real thank you for your script. It saved me endless amount of time. I also
learned a lot while reading it. Even that it's said that Perl code is 'write
once, read never'.
The patch (for version 2.028) is attached.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.