I think a neat feature that could be integrated between
OSXvnc and cotvnc is to make it easier for multiple users
to access the same machine. There are circumstances where
it's useful to do this - headless XServes for instance.
1. Have OSX VNC server running and displaying the log-in window on
a default port, eg. 5900
2. User connects to default port and logs on
3. Once log-in is made and the desktop shown, the server launches
a reverse connection back to the client machine, or invites
the client to transfer to a different port number, (etc) and
all further traffic is carried over that connection.
4. something similar to a "fast user switch" takes place. The
new desktop remains in place for the client to view over
the newly established connection, and
5. The default port re-connects to the log-in window and is then
free for another client to connect via.
The VNC protocol is extensible so it would be in principle possible
to put in a handshake that transfers the connection.
Log in to post a comment.