OS X 10.4 Full Screen Mode Problems

Help
urilabob
2005-09-04
2013-04-30
  • urilabob

urilabob - 2005-09-04

Hi folks; I have a problem with full screen mode (can't get it to work) - windowed mode works just fine.
    Details:
    Server: Relatively recent Samsung PC, running Fedora core 4, and standard included vncserver

Client: 1.33GHz G4 powerbook running OS X 10.4 and COTVNC 2.0b3, encoding Tight as first preference, (zrle next, I don't know how to check what is actually being used), 256 colours (I'm aiming to optimise for speed), CopyRect enabled.

Problem: VNC client works fine in windowed mode, but dies miserably when I go to full screen mode

Symptom: The served screen is displayed fine, but the mouse and keyboard freeze (ie I can't type into the screen, and the mouse doesn't work). Keyboard settings are defaults (I don't think I've ever changed them, but just in case, I have hit "reset defaults" for full-screen mode).

Does anyone have any suggestions - it must be something I'm doing wrong, I guess, as I can't find any reports of anything similar for recent versions of cotvnc

Thanks for any help you can give
       Bob

• urilabob

urilabob - 2005-09-04

Hmmmm, it seems the problem has been fixed by a server reboot. I've no idea why. If you know any way to remove this thread, please let me know
          Thanks
          Urilabob

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks