any way to see 2nd monitor?

Help
mlevin77
2009-01-01
2013-04-30
  • mlevin77

mlevin77 - 2009-01-01

I've got 2 monitors on my host system. Any way to switch which one I'm seeing from the COTvnc client (since some app windows open in the 2nd monitor)? Thanks,

Mike

• Sean Hockabout

Sean Hockabout - 2010-02-03

I just installed Chicken, and found that if you hold the cursor at the edge of the screen adjacent to the second monitor, the screen will scroll to the second monitor.

• freddfarkl

freddfarkl - 2010-06-14

Is there a trick to making this work?  I have not had any success is doing so.  My client is a Mac OS 10.6.3 and the server is a Windows 7 computer running UltraVNC.

Thanks!

• andy wall

andy wall - 2011-06-24

I have a solution that may help some.  Search for a program called "multimon taskbar" (free version works fine).  it has this feature: "Adds a Move to Monitor button to windows applications (XP only). "  However, in the settings there is a checkbox you can select that will enable you to move a window to a different monitor using Ctrl+Alt+(Arrow Left or Arrow Right).  Once this is done, it adds this feature.  When you open a program, for instance windows computer, and it doesn't show up, meaning the window is on the monitor you can't see, use the hotkey and move it to the monitor you can see.  I hope this helps someone.