RealVNC

Help
Jimmy Mac
2006-01-20
2013-04-30
  • Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac - 2006-01-20

Does anyone have any successful experiences to share that would confirm that RealVNC and Cotvnc can establish a connection. I am trying to connect to an XP pro box with the windows firewall disabled and the remote connections enabled and Cotvnc gives me an RFBConnection "Connection terminated" error "the server closed the connection"

Both machines are on my internal network that do not pass through any firewalls.

The Mac is running 10.4.4, the windows box is running SP2 and patched right up and Cotvnc is the latest 2.0b4

I can connect to the XP box with Mac Remote Desktop client from Mactopia I can also ping the box so I know that communication and ports don't seem to be the sticking point.

Anyone with any success stories or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Jason Harris

Jason Harris - 2006-01-20

This is the configuration I test against before releasing builds of Chicken, so it most definitely works here.

I suggest that you try to telnet to the XP box from your Chicken box.  The command is:
      telnet <server IP> 5900

This is assuming you've got the server configured to use Display 0.

• Ward Clark

Ward Clark - 2006-01-20

This is merely a success story:

I'm running Chicken 2.0b2 on OS X 10.4.2, connecting to RealVNC 4.1.1 (Free Edition) on WinXP with the latest updates.  My Mac and PC are 6 feet apart, connected thru an Asanté router.

I can't help with troubleshooting because I did the RealVNC setup long enough ago that all I remember is that it went quite smoothly (of course, not as smoothly as the several Macs on my LAN).

-- Ward

• altoidboy

altoidboy - 2006-02-23

I too am having a problem connecting, very similar setup...I'm going to post in a new thread and try and document everything.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks