Cannot even get a connection started (newbie)

Help
2005-09-14
2013-04-30
  • Paul Mackey

Paul Mackey - 2005-09-14

Trying to use Chicken of the VNC to connect to a windows 2000 machine on our internal network. My It guy says the windows computer is set up and ready to go (and he has tested it with a PC). When I try and conenct I fail to connect getting:  "Could Not connect to server. Operation timed out: connect ()".  So I thought I would trouble shoot using the two other iMacs I am networked too. These I regularly connect to using Apple Remoate Desktop so I can maintin them. They are configured  for ARD access including "VNC viwers may control screen with password" but when I try to connect to them I get the error: "Connection terminated Please configure Apple Remote Desktop to allow VNC Viewers to control the screen.
    Unknown authType 30". This makes me think I am missing something basic at my end. Using an eMac runnig 10.4.2 and CoVNC 2.0b3

Thanks.

Paul

• Colonel Bob

Colonel Bob - 2006-03-06

Anyone have a solution?  I am having this same problem.  I had it working about 3 weeks ago, but for the past couple of weeks every time I try to connect I get this error.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks