Thank you

2005-09-20
2013-04-30
  • mistersquid

mistersquid - 2005-09-20

I want to send all my thanks to the developers of CotVNC. This 2.0b3 release fixes some long-standing issues such as double-clicking, reliable transmission of Command-key combinations (side-effect since it's not documented), as well as adding some noticeable improvements such as GUI interface elements on windowed connections (Aqua widgets), customized dock icon, and a few others.

So far, my only issue is that when making specifying a port one may not specify a window, separately. I personally preferred 2.0b2's behavior which made one specify both port and window despite command line details, but this is a small nit to pick.

Thanks CotVNC for all the thought and attention to 2.0b3. Given how good you've made CotVNC, I might not look for an update for quite some time.

So . . . where's your Donation button?

• mistersquid

mistersquid - 2005-09-20

<p><i>So far, my only issue is that when making specifying a port one may not specify a window, separately</i></p>

Well, that was botched. I meant to say, now when "Open[ing a] Connection" to a (for example) tunneled VNC pipe on a specific port, CotVNC now does not allow one to specify a window (field is dimmed). I preferred in "Open Connection" 2.0b2's "port" field as opposed to 2.0b3's "display" field. Still, a small nit.

Thanks, again.

• Jason Harris

Jason Harris - 2005-09-28

Thanks for the compliments!

> So far, my only issue is that when making specifying a port one may not specify a window, separately. I personally preferred 2.0b2's behavior which made one specify both port and window despite command line details, but this is a small nit to pick.

I don't understand what you mean. Are you referring to specifying a port and a --display--?  If so, you can't specify them both, because they're essentially the same thing, so they must be one or the other.

> So . . . where's your Donation button?

We don't have one and won't, because Chicken has lots of contributors and there's no good, fair way of spliting up the loot.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks