core2usb is a Windows program to install (Tiny) Core Linux on USB stick or other removable media, except floppy disk and CD/DVD. It offers a fast and easy route to get started with (Tiny) Core just having ISO file downloaded from http://www.tinycorelinux.net
- developed for (Tiny) Core Linux
- compatible with version 4.x including 4.2
- portable, no Windows installation needed
- adds WAITUSB=5 automatically to boot options
- optionally creates /tce directory on USB
- tested on Windows XP, Vista and 7
- online Tiny Core current version check
- built-in MD5 check (ISO file integrity)
Do not have to be installed on Windows, just run the downloaded .exe
Its usage is easy and straight forward.
- Format target USB drive for FAT (FAT16 or FAT32 depending on system and size) making sure there is enough free space for system. Add extra free space if /tce directory is created to store downloaded extensions and backup on the same USB.
- Download ISO file you want to install.
- Start installer.
- Select ISO file.
- Select target drive. In the list free and total capacity is indicated. Target drive must be empty.
- Click INSTALL button to start installation. It may take some time, please be patient.
- Follow installation status at the bottom line.
Download the .iso.md5.txt file and put to the same directory with the .iso is. Select 'Check MD5' in file menu. If the md5 file is not found or has a wrong format, menu item is deactivated.
Always check ISO integrity. If it fails, do not proceed, but redownload files.
I need you feedback, comments. Please use mailing list for communication.
1.4 running on XP
1.4 running on 7
1.4 running on VISTA