fatal error after configuration

Help
2008-08-02
2013-04-17
  • Taylor Steil

Taylor Steil - 2008-08-02

Hello,

I am trying to setup and run Contineo for the first time. I installed a fresh vmware instance of CentOS 5.2 with:
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
    JVM 1.6.0_07-b06
    MYSQL 5.0.45

I downloaded contineo-war-3.0.4.zip from sourceforge and then copied over the contineo-web-3.0.4.war to tomcat/webapps and bounced tomcat.
    It created the contineo-web-3.0.4 directory.

I then browsed to http://localhost:8080/contineo-web-3.0.4/setup/ and followed the configuration.
    I set the working directory to /usr/local/contineo (which I created and chmodded 777).
    I created a new database and user in mysql for contineo as well.

After the configuration is done it prompts me to login with admin/admin, which I do.
    The next screen is dark blue / light blue and just says:

Sorry, a fatal error has occurred. The error has been logged.
    Please log in again.

here are snippets from the various log files:

==> /usr/local/contineo/logs/dms.log <==
    01.08.2008 10:26:36,988 INFO   (org.contineo.web.LoginForm:  47) -- User admin logged in.
    01.08.2008 10:26:36,988 INFO   (org.contineo.web.LoginForm:  65) -- Set locale to en
    01.08.2008 10:26:37,004 ERROR  (com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler: 327) -- Problem in renderResponse: /main.jspx @94,64 rendered="#{!empty(navigation.selectedPanel.template)}" Function ':empty' not found
    com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttributeException: /main.jspx @94,64 rendered="#{!empty(navigation.selectedPanel.template)}" Function ':empty' not found
        at com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttribute.getValueExpression(TagAttribute.java:259)
        at com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentRule$ValueBindingMetadata.applyMetadata(ComponentRule.java:90)

==> /usr/local/contineo/logs/dms.log.html <==
    <tr>
    <td>897962</td>
    <td title="http-8080-1 thread">http-8080-1</td>
    <td title="Level"><font color="#993300"><strong>ERROR</strong></font></td>
    <td title="com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler category">com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler</td>
    <td title="Message">Problem in renderResponse: /main.jspx @94,64 rendered="#{!empty(navigation.selectedPanel.template)}" Function ':empty' not found</td>
    </tr>
    <tr><td bgcolor="#993300" style="color:White; font-size : xx-small;" colspan="6">com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttributeException: /main.jspx @94,64 rendered="#{!empty(navigation.selectedPanel.template)}" Function ':empty' not found
    <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;    at com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttribute.getValueExpression(TagAttribute.java:259)
    <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;    at com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentRule$ValueBindingMetadata.applyMetadata(ComponentRule.java:90)

==> /usr/local/tomcat/logs/localhost.2008-08-01.log <==
    Aug 1, 2008 10:27:25 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Persistent Faces Servlet threw exception
    javax.faces.FacesException: Problem in renderResponse: /main.jspx @94,64 rendered="#{!empty(navigation.selectedPanel.template)}" Function ':empty' not found
        at com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DFaceletViewHandler.java:329)
        at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderView(D2DViewHandler.java:153)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:107)

Any ideas?

• ak69

ak69 - 2008-08-06

Same problem at my box, waiting for help.

• Visioneel

Visioneel - 2008-08-18

Hello,

I've got the same error after installig Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
      JVM 1.6.0_07-b06 on Windows XP. I now have to run an version 3.0.4.

Please let me know how I can solve the problem (or maybe help solving it).

• idiot ricky

idiot ricky - 2008-08-21

done a search about the ":empty" error and I find the following

The workaround is very simple :
      replace EL expressions containing "empty(" with "empty (", and "not(" with "not (" as EL expression requires.

therefore, open main.jspx and replace as above will ease your headache.

Cheers.

• idiot ricky

idiot ricky - 2008-08-21

it seems that more then one jspx has this problem. get a software to make a batch replacement.

• idiot ricky

idiot ricky - 2008-08-21

files with the issue

\main.jspx
      \templates\document\rights.jspx
      \templates\document\articles.jspx

cheers,
      Ricky

• A. Gasparini - LOGICALDOC

Thank you very much Richy,

we tested the system and the error you noticed is specific of Tomcat 6.0.18 (perhaps a bug).
      However, the next version of Contineo incorporate the changes you've proposed and remains compatible with the old Tomcat 6.0.16.

A. Gasparini

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks