Why we need contineo setup again and again

Help
2007-02-15
2013-04-17
  • vikash kontia

vikash kontia - 2007-02-15

Hi,
    in contineo project i am creating war of contineo many time and every time  if i am replacing war file of contineo but using same contineo database then this will not work. and if i run contineo setup and a fresh database then it will work.is there any solution that if i replace some xml file or change somewhere so that i need not to rum the contineo setup again and again
    thanks
    vikash kontia

• vikash kontia

vikash kontia - 2007-02-15

HTTP Status 500 -

type Status report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
      Apache Tomcat/5.5.9

• Sebastian Stein

Sebastian Stein - 2007-02-15

> in contineo project i am creating war of contineo many time and every time if i am
      > replacing war file of contineo but using same contineo database then this will not work.
      > and if i run contineo setup and a fresh database then it will work.is there any solution
      > that if i replace some xml file or change somewhere so that i need not to rum the contineo
      > setup again and

Yes, this is possible. It depends whether you are already using the upcoming version 2.5 or previous versions. In previous versions there are several XML files in the WEB-INF/classes directory you have to backup. Please take a look in the install guide. There is a complete list with the files. In version 2.5 all settings are stored in just one file. This is also documented in the install guide.

Sebastian

• Sebastian Stein

Sebastian Stein - 2007-02-15

> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling
      > this request.
      > Apache Tomcat/5.5.9

My feeling is that all versions prior 5.5.10 were buggy. So maybe please try by upgrading to one of the latest stable Tomcat versions.

Sebastian