alternative $DATE field

Help
stuarta
2005-02-11
2013-04-25
  • stuarta

stuarta - 2005-02-11

Hi again,

One useful addition to the tool for me would be the ability to define a timestamp for the entry different from the day of submission. This would be useful in the case that e.g you forget to submit on a day or you want to register holiday time in advance.

I've been playing about with the source and have added a 3rd column in the main table tree window and a date field in the 'Edit deliverable' popup but not yet been able to join it all together. It would be good if you could add this in to the official tool if you think it's a worthwhile update.

thanks,
    Stuart

• DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo - 2005-02-11

I forgot about that... I was going to put that in 3.1 for that exact same reason - I kept putting in yesterday's time the morning after. Man my memory is fried.

I'll add that in...

• DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo - 2005-02-11

Wait a second... I _did_ add that... I really am losing my brain.

Just use $GLOBALPROMPT instead of $DATE in your field mappings. That will prompt you to enter a date instead of using the current date.

I thought I put that in there somewhere ;)

Those are two things that might be helpful: the $PROMPT and $GLOBALPROMT variables that were recently added.

• stuarta

stuarta - 2005-02-11

Yeah,

I should have looked at these first, they just about fit the bill - but I'm going to be picky.. I'd like a PROMPT type to be global for a particular export operation, not per project or set for the rest of the lifetime of the tool. In this way I can reduce the input effort if I've worked on lots of tasks on a particular day. Does that make sense?
      thanks,
      Stuart

• DeckerEgo

DeckerEgo - 2005-02-11

Try $GLOBALPROMPT instead and see if that works...