Force Hiding Tray Icon?

Anonymous
2008-11-09
2013-06-12
  • Anonymous - 2008-11-09

I deaktivated Tray icon under Appearence -> More, but if I have the Option Use tab titles on, the Tray icon appears.

When opening Console settings hit OK - Button it disappears.

Is there a way the always hide the Tray icon, or at least limited them for only one?

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2008-11-10

Sorry, I can't see that behaviour. Can you send me your starting config and exact steps to reproduce this?

Thanks,
      Marko

• jason404

jason404 - 2008-11-13

Could you consider the option to make Console hide to the tray icon, without appearing on the TaskBar?  I thought that was the point of the tray icon, but I cannot make it hise to tray.  Cheers.

• Grant McDorman

Grant McDorman - 2008-11-20

Settings -> Appearance | More, uncheck 'Taskbar Button', check 'Tray icon'. Close Console2 and reopen it.
      (2.00.141 build from Nov 2nd).

• Jack87 Nobody

Jack87 Nobody - 2008-12-25

Do you using some kind of Desktop-Shell Replacement such as Blackbox/Emerge Desktop?

I've seen TrayIcon Problems with Console under bblean (Backbox), but i think it's a problem of these shells, they may handle the SystemTray diffrent.

• Brad Bartolucci

Brad Bartolucci - 2009-03-13

This behaviour can be fixed in MainFrame.cpp

In the function OnUpdateTitles, at around line 900 there are 2 lines together like so:
      SetWindowText(m_strWindowTitle);
      SetTrayIcon(NIM_MODIFY);

Change them to be like this:

SetWindowText(m_strWindowTitle);
      if (g_settingsHandler->GetAppearanceSettings().stylesSettings.bTrayIcon)
      {
         SetTrayIcon(NIM_MODIFY);
      }

Recompile and be happy.

As you can see from above, the NIM_MODIFY message was sent everytime the OnUpdateTitles function was called.  There are a few other calls to SetTray icon in that file. One might want to look at those too and make sure the tray icon setting is checked first if it makes sense to do so.

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2009-03-16

Nice catch, Brad!

I'll add your fix and check the rest of the code for the next build.

Cheers,
        Marko

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks