Win7 x64 build 145

2009-12-09
2013-06-12
  • Robert J. Gebis

Robert J. Gebis - 2009-12-09

I noticed that Max btn is turned off on my screen. Is there a way to enable it so I can max Console app? if you can resize anytime by dragging sides why not allow max button? Is this a bug?

• Robert J. Gebis

Also is there a way to enable/ disable wrap around for printed text?

• Robert J. Gebis

Also double clicking on text should select word and double clicking on selected word should select entire line. If double clicked again than clear.

• Kirill

Kirill - 2009-12-15

> if you can resize anytime by dragging sides why not allow max button? Is this a bug?

There is probably a feature request that explains why it can't be done or a bug report with the similar explanation. Have you checked?

On the other hand, due to the different fonts, used by the executing shell and the Console, "maximizing" may be confusing. For example, cmd.exe grows vertically until it fills the whole screen height, keeping the width intact. So, if I do the same with the Console, there are two possible outcomes: (a)  the cmd.exe may be not maximized; (b) the cmd.exe may not allow me to do that (it has "funny" limitations on its size);

> Also is there a way to enable/ disable wrap around for printed text?

I'm afraid, I don't understand what you mean. If you mean that "type somefile-with-very-long-lines.txt" should not wrap the text then no, it's not possible because cmd.exe does not do that, and Console only displays what's inside cmd.exe's window.

> Also double clicking on text should…

Somehow it does not do it automatically. But there is a feature request for this, so you can grab the sources and implement it.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks