Menu

1.5b 348 and Backgrounds

Atomhrt
2004-06-13
2004-06-16
  • Atomhrt

Atomhrt - 2004-06-13

Using 1.5b 348 with a fake transparency settings.

When using this in the background section of console.xml: <color r="50" g="100" b="200" />, the console would be black with a pixel row accross the top of the "fake" transparency background.

If I changed it to: <color r="0" g="0" b="0" />, it worked fine.

Also, when I have my wallpaper changer running, the fake transparency background is not updating without a reload of the settings. I don't know for sure if that's what you were aiming for with this new rev.

WINXP SP1 - Single monitor.

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2004-06-14

Hm... I was certain that I was handling wallpaper chage notifications. The code is there, I'm sure I've tested it, but now I see it doesn't work on my Win2k box (not even the older versions) I'll have to test it on WinXP.

As for the background color: when using fake transparency, background color must be set to the real console's background color (usually black), so Console knows which color is treated as transparent.

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2004-06-15

This is just wierd... The wallpaper change detection works fine on my WinXP SP1 box... Same binary, same config file.

The proper way to handle this is to trap WM_SETTINGCHANGE message. The problem is that on my Win2k box, Console window never gets that message. On my WinXP box, the message is recevied when I change the wallpaper.

• Atomhrt

Atomhrt - 2004-06-16