Menu

can not start console2 in xp

Yu Qinghe
2010-04-28
2013-06-12
  • Yu Qinghe

Yu Qinghe - 2010-04-28

i download the newest version of console2 in xp OS, but after i double click on console2.exe file, it does not open console2 window, nothing display, and no console2 process in task manager.how to resolve this problem?

• ecor6633

ecor6633 - 2012-03-28

Hi, I have the same issue.
    I've been using Console2 during months that for any reason it can't open and nothing is displayed. When being very concentrated you can see in the windows task bar that is blinking like the app was opening and directly closed.

Is there any way to have debug information about hard crashed like those ones ? like -debug option or … ?

(I've chek 2.00b148-Beta_32bit and the non official b148.2-x86)

• Kirill

Kirill - 2012-03-28

If you don't get any error messages, it's likely that the shell, specified for the first tab, exits cleanly shortly after startup (%comspec% /c mybatch.bat as a shell would have that effect).

For an official build, you can extract the console.xml from the distribution next to console.exe and delete (or rename) console.xml in %appdata%\Console folder.

For my unofficial build, you can try to start it with -safe -t some-non-existing-tab-name to get access to properties.

• ecor6633

ecor6633 - 2012-03-29

After booting this morning the problem disappeared but yesterday I removed that %appdata%\Console folder and also cleaned the windows registry HKCU/Console so it probably helped.

Thanks