Commandline

Sjolleren
2007-02-11
2013-06-12
  • Sjolleren

Sjolleren - 2007-02-11

I've searched these open dicussions and i can't seem to find any information on which commandline switches there's available for Console.

I've seen mentions of a -c (related to ConsoleHere registry add), -d (directory related?) and -t (not really sure what this does), but I can't get them to parse anything to Console.

What i'm looking for is a way to use Console to start .bat/.cmd files (E.g. "Console.exe -[some swicth] "[.bat/.cmd file]").

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2007-02-12

Try the Help file :) There's a command line reference in the 'Running Console' section.

• Sjolleren

Sjolleren - 2007-02-12

Ah... The readme file :)

I missed it as it wasn't in the v2 beta pack. Anyway it didn't really solve my initial problem though. If I do Console -c "/k echo test", I get at new Console window, but test is not echoed (which it is in v1.5). Actually test is not echoed to the console window (the cmd one) eighter.

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2007-02-12

The *help* file: console.chm :-) You can find it in console dir, or just press F1 (the default help command button)

• Sjolleren

Sjolleren - 2007-02-14

Damn, what a tool I've been...

I just picked the top file from the list, without looking at the buildnumber :)

Thanks for being patient, mate!

• Anonymous - 2011-07-06

CHM no longer works and I lost my old files.  How does one start console pointing to a different XML config file?

• Kirill

Kirill - 2011-07-06

console.exe -c "D:\path\to\console-default.xml"

And the workaround for CHM file can be found in comments to bug 3204477