Run as user problem

• Derek

Derek - 2011-11-11

When I create a new tab with "Run as user" checked, a new window called "Console command window" gets created but minimized, Console2 hangs for a few seconds, then the Console2 window suddenly shrinks to the point where all I can see is the X (close) button.

When this happens, I can no longer use the Console 2 window. It responds but I can no longer resize it to a usable size. The only thing I can do at this point is to kill the Console 2 window.

The minimized "Console command window" on the other hand, can be maximized and used normally, even after killing Console 2.

Start Windows console hidden = unchecked
    Shell = c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    Run as user (checked) = DOMAIN\someone (where someone can be a different user or even my own username)

Consolve 2.00.148
    Windows 2003 Server

Any help appreciated! Thank you!

• Kirill

Kirill - 2011-11-12

Does the bitness of the Console match the bitness of the server? I.e. if your server is 32-bit, you should be running 32-bit Console. If your server is 64-bit, you should be running 64-bit Console.

• Derek

Derek - 2011-11-15

Thanks for the reply. I'm running x64 and I tried installing Console 64 bit, but it won't start:
    The procedure entry point Wow64GetThreadContext could not be located int he dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

But the 32 bit Console starts and works well (except for the issue listed on the initial post)

• Kirill

Kirill - 2011-11-16

I'm sorry. My bad. Console x64 obviously does not work on Server 2003 x64. I'll need to see what exactly we're starting for runas; maybe we can start 32-bit of cmd in this scenario. Stay tuned… (or upgrade to Server 2008 :)

• Derek

Derek - 2011-11-16

Much thanks!
    Upgrading isn't an option. Corporate environment and all that. It takes an act of congress to upgrade our OS :)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks