I'm actually quite clueless when it comes to these sort of things, but I just really like a transparent console :)
Could anybody please tell me the command for adding console to %PATH%?
To be clear:
- I put console in c:\program files\console2\
- I'm running Vista, and if I type "console" in the start menu search box (where you would usually type "cmd" or "command", I would console to actually fire up :)
Your help would be greatly appreciated. Makes me look a little cooler...
the issue is that the search box, you usually type in, is for the Start Menu and not for %PATH%.
So, you can add Console to the Start Menu as follows:
1. Left-click the Start button
2. Right-click on All Programs and select "Open". A normal Explorer window should open, showing just one folder - "Programs".
3. Open the Programs folder. You should see some shortcuts that you usually see in your All Programs menu.
4. Create a shortcut to Console.exe in that folder (if you need instructions, please, let me know).
After that the search in the Start Menu will be able to find the Console, as it does cmd.
Note: if you right-click the console.exe, you may see Pin to Start Menu. This will NOT help you.
If you really want to add Console to the path, I can tell you how, but you'll need to use a different method to launch it as well.
Hope it helps a bit.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.