Problem with Run As User and other shells

jason404
2011-05-16
2013-10-19
  • jason404

jason404 - 2011-05-16

Run as User in Console 2 is great, although I cannot get it to run anything other than CMD and even then without any arguments or startup script.

When anything is typed into the tab's Shell field (even %COMSPEC%, it does not work, so I cannot even use %COMSPEC% /t:0F.

Ideally, I would like to be able to run TCC/LE using Run as User, with %MYPATH%\tcc.exe /t:0F. And how about PowerShell?

Does anybody else have this problem, or am I doing something wrong?

I have submitted this as a bug, although it may be an expected limitation of Console2.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3302710&group_id=43764&atid=437332

• Derell Licht

Derell Licht - 2011-05-17

I've run tcc/le in console2 for years with no problem.  However, you don't use COMSPEC to configure console2.
    Rather, open Edit:Console:Shell and point it to tccle.exe, and it will work fine!!

• jason404

jason404 - 2011-05-19

@gorlash:  I am talking about Run As User, to run a tab as a domain administrator account.  Run As User does not seem to work when I have anything typed into the Shell field.

Are you saying that you are able to run TCC/LE with the Run As User option, or have you failed to understand the issue here?

• Derell Licht

Derell Licht - 2011-05-19

Ahhh… no, I missed that point, sorry.  Can't help with that.

• mbrownnyc

mbrownnyc - 2013-10-18

Kirill,

Why not add a check for '%' chars then error as invalid, with explanation?

This would avoid confusion.

Thanks,

Matt

• Kirill

Kirill - 2013-10-19

Matt,

By itself % is not an error (maybe I actually want to pass "%something%" as the command line arg.

I'm thinking to add a Test button to the tab configuration, so, at least, the Console doesn't crash on the next startup. I might also add some explanations on how to set up the shell and startup dir, and what Run as... does for living.

--
    Kirill

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks