Menu

Colours

Anonymous
2004-08-01
2004-08-30
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-08-01

Is there any way to edit the colours that Console uses? I've got cmd.exe setup to use custom colours, but I can't seem to get Console to use the same setup. The default colours are pretty ugly, so any help in changing 'em would be appreciated. :)

• Rob Davenport

Rob Davenport - 2004-08-30

Well, making such a judgemental statement like calling Marko's choice of default colors ugly isn't going to endear you to a lot of people.  You may not like them and that's fine, but someone else obviously does.
      That said, look at the <colors> tag in the documentation (readme) under <fonts> for the <color_XX> tags.  And the <background> tag has   a <color> sub-tag you can configure yourself.  That should allow you to do what you want. 

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2004-08-30

Rob: :-) I think he was referring to cmd.exe's default colors.

Nick:  The problem here is that you don't configure the colors for cmd.exe, but for a specific Windows console window. If you want nice colors in the Console, you have to configure the hiden Windows console. Unhide the console, open its properties and configure your colors (choose 'save for future windows' when asked)

You can further tweak the colors (e.g. making the blue a little lighter) by editing console.xml <colors> tag (as Rob suggested)