Configuration handling

2010-01-12
2013-06-12
  • Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2010-01-12

Hi,

Let's continue Console configuration handling here…

Kirill, I agree with your suggestions. I was thinking that maybe the setup can save the default config to all users' APPDATA and then Console can read it from there, but I think what you propose is simpler and requires less changes in the code (if any).

The only scenario I see where things might not work as expected is if you tried to run a 'portable' installation on a machine that has Console installed. Then again, we could always have setup tag the portable installation somehow (e.g. Foobar2000 creates a file called portable_mode_enabled in the application dir)

Cheers,
    Marko

• Kirill

Kirill - 2010-01-12

Marko,

we probably can use the tag approach, although I don't see a huge benefit. If somebody with a portable version realizes that her portable settings don't apply, she can always use -c argument.

Any way, IMHO, the described scenario is some very special case and either way will work.

Kirill.

• Marko Bozikovic

Marko Bozikovic - 2010-01-12

True. We can always add tagging in the future.

Marko.

• thx1200

thx1200 - 2010-09-01

I really want to see %appdata% settings and MSI installer.  That way I can push out this app using a GPO (yay) and settings will follow you from computer to computer if you have roaming profiles enabled.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks