Help
2009-10-24
2013-04-23
  • Bruno De Maesschalck

Hey,

When doing this:

-istart pax-logging-api-1.4.jar

Which has a manifest containing:

Import-Package: … ,org.apache.log;resolution:=optional, …

I get this exception:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unsatisfied import org.apache.log;resolution:=optional for bundle Bundle : file:C:/Repository/\pax-logging-api-1.4.jar at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleClassLoader.resolveBundle(BundleClassLoader.java:420) at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleImpl.startBundle(BundleImpl.java:443) at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:418) at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.gui.ConciergeGUI$BundleIcon$2.actionPerformed(ConciergeGUI.java:391) at java.awt.MenuItem.processActionEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.MenuItem.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

And when I look with the shell I get:  (installed) OPS4J Pax Logging - API

Shouldn't it be so that an unsatisfied import with directive optional can not be the cause of a bundle not to resolve?

I run this on Concierge 1.0.0

Thanks in advance for your time.

• Jan S. Rellermeyer

The problem is that this is an R4 manifest entry and Concierge does not parse it properly. You can remove the the entire optional import and replace it with a dynamic package import.
    The new version of Concierge that we are currently working on will be R 4.2 compatible.

Cheers,

Jan.