Help
Roe
2013-05-23
2013-05-31
  • Roe
    Roe
    2013-05-23

Hi,
    I have installed comport and then built the MiniTerm Example as my first app. It receives and displays characters I send from a remote terminal. But when typing in its window, nothing appears on the remote terminal. Now there is a terminal button. When I click on it I get an "illegal property error" when creating the ComTrmSetForm:

procedure EditComTerminal(ComTerminal: TCustomComTerminal);
    begin
    with TComTrmSetForm.Create(nil) do
    begin

It seems, the nil argument is the problem. Because it is not evident what should go there instead, I ask if someone can provide advice. Thanks and best regards.
    Bob

• Roe
    Roe
    2013-05-23

Solved. It's not the nil argument, but the fact that the OnCreate-Event referenced a non-existing routine. Now everything works as intended.

When building, I get hints that in CPort.pas and especially CPortCtl.pas "uses" are missing. e. g.

[dcc32 Hinweis] CPortCtl.pas(1967): H2443 Inline-Funktion 'TFont.GetStyle' wurde nicht expandiert, weil Unit 'System.UITypes' in der USES-Liste nicht angegeben ist
    [dcc32 Hinweis] CPort.pas(2513): H2443 Inline-Funktion 'TList.Remove' wurde nicht expandiert, weil Unit 'System.Types' in der USES-Liste nicht angegeben ist

When editing these source files accordingly - which steps of the installation of the comport library would I have to repeat?
    Thanks for advice - Bob

• Warren
    Warren
    2013-05-31

These Hints are not very important, Go ahead and add things to the units if you want to remove these hints.

However, recompiling the one runtime package is not very hard to figure out yourself right? You don't even have to recompile the designtime package, just the runtime one. But hey, compile both, it's friday, and you're feeling a lot of energy right now...

:-)

W

Last edit: Warren 2013-05-31