Compiere development priorities are determined by the Compiere Partners.
The top items of the recent vote were:
- POS Soft Terminal (completing beta version)
- Dashboard/Cockpit/Balanced Score Card/Key Performance Indicator
- Requests (Issue Management, ITIL compatible/compliant Help Desk)
- Manufacturing (BOM, ..)
- Java UI & UI Performance Improvement utilizing Java 1.5 Swing improvements
- Master/Detail presentation in one Tab (default two tabs)
- HTML UI Improvements
- Remote/Disconnected POS
The top votes for additional platforms received MS SQL Server and IBM WebShere.
Also, fixing the current bugs was determined as a temporary top priority. Due to more complex implementations, recently more bugs were discovered.
As a consequence, the release of 2.5.3 (including enhanced costing production) was delayed for the end of October to make sure to have a stable version for year end conversions.
Compiere releases are significant more stable then competitive products due to the widespread test of the Compiere community, but improving product stability and performance is a constant objective.
Compiere is more and more covered in the press and by analysts, increasing the demand for qualified Compiere professionals.
The next training is 7-10 November in Portland, Oregon - Note that the early bird for signing up ends this Friday (October, 7th)
For details, check http://www.compiere.org/training
Log in to post a comment.