Compiere Manufacturing Planning Meeting

Jorg Janke
2004-06-29
2013-05-02
  • Jorg Janke

Jorg Janke - 2004-06-29

Thanks to Pierre Spilleboudt (Audaxis), Andre Legendre, Miguel Jimenez (e-evolution), Scott Klakken (cijvp) for helping to define Compiere Manufacturing.

Main point: we "invented" a Product Template - the combination of Routing and BOM. This will allow to use Compiere in Discrete and (to a certain degree) Process Manufacturing.

The next steps are:

- Define Data/Object Model
    - Implement/Convert existing entities (BOM, etc.)
    - Discontinue M_Production* (NO! conversion to the new Work Order Object)
    - Adding new Entities & Processes

A more concrete plan will be published end of July.

We are looking for sponsors (pilot sites).
    If you are interested, please contact us at info@compiere.org with your requirements.

• Andre Charles Legendre

Hi

As planned Compiere MFG & SCM has updated it's objectives document to take in count what was said in Orlando meeting.

You can find it at :
      http://compiere-mfgscm.sourceforge.net/docs.htm

Roadmap has also been updated, including status of Compiere MFG & SCM

Objectives are quite stable and we are on the road.

Have nice time.

Andre Legendre

• Wilfried

Wilfried - 2004-11-24

Hi,

I just went through the general objectives of MFG&SCM and am quite impressed.  when is the first code available for testing ?  How can I get more involved in this.  The company I work for is very interested to take a closer look at Compiere as a possible alternative for our current ERP package.

Best regards,

Wilfried

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2004-11-25

Hi Wilfried,
      The first codes are in the process of been finalised in its integration into Eclipse by Andre Legendre, the project Admin of http://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere-mfgscm

The beta integration stage will follow suit. An expected first release is around middle 2005 but still is dependent on a few factors.

Ironically one factor is for a test case client, and this is where u may be able to involve. We need an early reqs study and specs. If such case from a client who is willing to be a prototype, will provide the time to mature of the app. as we can parallely use the specs as a prototype scenario and test certain things on it.

This is not my qualified opinion though as i m just an assistant to Andre in the project team. He might give a clearer direction.

thanking you for your inquiry,
      red1
      Tutorial Writer
      Compiere-MfgScm Project

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks